Adoption

First postplacement visit with SW

Our first post-placement visit with our social worker has just been set up!  She comes out on Wednesday morning to visit with us at our home.  What should we expect?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: First postplacement visit with SW

• Abby is just beautiful!  We just went thru details of her dr appts, how she was doing, basically just eating, sleeping, etc. as well as any milestones she may have reached.  Also, they want to see how you and DH are adapting and see you interact w/ her...it'll be a piece of cake!!

• Thanks for your response!  That helps calms my nerves!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • We had our first one two weeks ago and ditto the pp. It was a breeze. She wanted all the official details of weights and lengths at the checkups and birth. The funny part is that our son was really fussy and my husband kept getting up to feed him, change him, etc. It didn't seem to phase the SW at all.?
  • She'll just see how well you are bonding, talk about her feeding, sleeping, and play schedule and routine, and how well she is developing and information from previous dr. appointments. You'll also probably talk about the match, placement and how that all took place. It's no stress.

We had a 2 week post placement and are now doing our 2 mo meeting. I think we were so sleep deprived and exhausted with the 2 week appointment that we were probably zombies during it - I don't remember it all that much. I know that neither of us greeted her at the door and just motioned her to come on in. So I guess we will all be a lot more alert for his 2 mo meeting since he is on a good sleeping schedule now.

• Congratulations!!! When ours came over, we just sat down and talked. Questions about drs. appts, growth, development, schedule and how we were coping with little sleep. It was nothing to worry about!!!! Good Luck!!! Don't worry!!! Your SW is also wishing you and your little one the vesry best!!! Good Luck!!!

• i don't have any advice, just wanted to wish you good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"