Baby Names

Worst name ever... poor child.

An ex of mine's dad was an inner-city school teacher.  He would come across "unique" names all the time.  This one is just cruel though.  He had a girl student named Shithead.  Pronounced shi-TAIDE.  The awfulness is astounding. 
AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: Worst name ever... poor child.

• That's HORRIBLE! In our province, I think the government is putting restrictions on certain baby names. Hopefully this would be one of them!
  • A guy with the same name lived on my street growing up. He was Indian and his family pronounced it "shuh-THEED." Horrible name!!

Just a heads-up: someone on here will tell you that that name is just an urban legend. I completely believe you, especially since I knew one!

• Loading the player...
  • I also think that it's a popular spelling in India.  I worked with a man named Fortune Shithole.  His first name was pronounced just how it's spelled, but his last name was pronounced si-TOLL-ee.  He was the Help Desk guy, so we were always calling him for one thing or another.

BTW - I believe you too since I've seen people with similar names and spellings.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageEmmaRain:

Just a heads-up: someone on here will tell you that that name is just an urban legend. I completely believe you, especially since I knew one!

Haha... thanks.  I wish it was an urban legend!  Unfortunately I saw his dads class roster (because we didn't believe him) & this name was there in black and white!   I never thought about the fact that the kid could have been from another culture where Shithead isn't an actual word.  I don't think that was the case though. 

• Are you from Memphis??? My husband was a football coach in Memphis, and they had a kid named shithead pronounces just like you said. I think that this kid was african-american though. I clicked on this blog thinking the name couldn't be worse the shithead- funny that it actually was the same name!
  • That is just sad.

Dylan Sophia 06.04.09 - Elijah Alexander 04.25.10 - 04.25.10 - Sullivan Thomas 09.06.11 - Calvin Douglas 08.06.13 - Baby GIRL Due 07.01.15!
    Elijah's Story: Embracing Elijah
    My blog: Midwest Chaos

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I have heard of that before...thats just awful!
  • Lie lie lie lie lie.

When will it ever stop?

• And I bet his little sister was La-a.
  • imageBuckets of Moonbeams:
    And I bet his little sister was La-a.

And how do you pronounce that? LOL!

• imageLoriFalce:

Lie lie lie lie lie.

When will it ever stop?

Not a lie, but I'm glad you found it so amusing that you posted it on two other boards! Wink

• Why, that would be Ladasha, of course.  My cousin's uncle's neighbor's dog groomer had a daughter named this.  I swear!
  • imageSteelCityBride:
    imageLoriFalce:

Lie lie lie lie lie.

When will it ever stop?

Not a lie, but I'm glad you found it so amusing that you posted it on two other boards! Wink

If you had any idea how many times people swear to this gem, you would understand why. If this many people actually knew someone with this name, it would be in the Social Security Administration's Top 10.

• imageLoriFalce:
    imageSteelCityBride:
    imageLoriFalce:

Lie lie lie lie lie.

When will it ever stop?

If you had any idea how many times people swear to this gem, you would understand why. If this many people actually knew someone with this name, it would be in the Social Security Administration's Top 10.

I've never heard anyone else claim to know this name before... obviously if it's on Snopes someone has!  Who knows, maybe my ex's dad pulled a fast one on us, I'll never know. 

• OMG, and you've been on the nest HOW LONG?  I see this post every week.
  • YES. my moms best friend is a?neonatal?nurse and a mother wanted to name her baby that same thing. she had to call social services. another lady named her 7 kids all feelings she was feeling during labor. (Orgasm,?Ecstasy, etc!) nuts huh!?!
    Married my BEST FRIEND on December 1, 2007. Started TTC in March 2008. Found out we were expecting our first child in October 2008 - but had a m/c in December 2008 - resulting in a d&e. Met with a RE in May 2009 and set a plan - but conceived unexpectedly on our own! Our precious little Sophia was born on February 9, 2010! Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • ROtF LMAO!

lol 

• a friend of mine was in a doctor's office waiting room one day and the nurse stuttered trying to pronounce a name. Finally she said what she thought and the boys mother corrected her saying 'it's pronounced Shy-thead"
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"