Stay at Home Moms
Options

XP: Jury summons

Any SAHMs every get one? What did you do? I don't have any options for childcare if I had to go.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

Re: XP: Jury summons

• Options
    Yup. I got one several months ago. I found someone to watch DS. They will pay for child care.
  • Options
    In PA you can get an exemption/deferrment if you're nursing.... maybe that's an option?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

In the state of NJ, you are exempt from jury duty if you are the sole provider for minors, and it would be a hardship to find help so you could serve.

I checked that box, and was exempt. 

image Mommy to Barbara 11/8/05, Elisabeth 5/13/07, Loukas 12/23/08 and Lazarus 09/25/12
  • Options
    My county excuses SAHMs without childcare.
    - Jena
  • Options
    I've been on call a couple of times, but never had to serve.  DH and I always just assumed he'd take off a couple of days (either use his vacation or personal time) to stay home while I served. 
  • Options
    I had a friend get one and she was told that she had to find a sitter or ask for it to be put on hold but she had to tell them at that time what day she was going to to it so and it had to be within 6 mos so they hold was not that good.  She was also told nursing moms had to do a hold and once the child was a year old they had to serve. 
  • Options
    Ditto the PP- I've gotten two in the last three months and each time I've told them I am the sole caregiver of a child and am his only source of food. In FL if you're the caregiver of a child under 10, you are exempt.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"