Multiples
Options

Heart beat

I go tomorrow to listen to the heart beat & could you hear two different beats?  My husbands brother & sister both had sets of twins so we're curious if we are to.  My midwife says the chances of that happening would be very slim, but you never know. 

Re: Heart beat

• Options

I had an u/s first, so we actually saw two sacs before it was even time to hear them.

Good luck!

• Options

the fact that your husband has twins in his family has absolutely no bearing on whether you will. 

that said...

at my OB appointments (after we knew there were three) it was hard to differentiate them, esp that early, because they're going to be so close together. but you can ask them to try! there's no way to diagnose multiples without an u/s, though.

How to tell my boys apart

The different types of twins and triplets

Jack, Sydney and Carynne, Annaleigh, JW, Eden...forever in our hearts.
    My blog * We made the national news!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

If twins run in your DH's side of the family, that really has no impact to whether or not you have them (they would have to run on your side).

We had an early u/s so were able to know very early on.  When we go for check-ups they do hear both HBs.

Good luck!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Ditto what everyone else said. We couldn't differentiate the HBs until further along.
    Our Blog TTC since 10/2004 Follistim+Ovidril+Metformin=BFP on 12/8/08 2 heartbeats-12/30/08 Betas- 10DPO-104 12DPO-274 Photobucket Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    You know at that point they would run a mini u/s to ensure we had two seperate HB's.
    Mom to Harmon 1/17/08 and twins Rachel & Callum 8/28/09 Photobucket 29o0v13.jpg
  • Options

I don't know the exact answer to your question however I can tell you my experience. ?We heard one heartbeat via doppler at 8 weeks. ?We didn't know there was two babies. ?At 12 weeks, (we thought it was 11) we did our first u/s and saw two babies, two sacs, and heart two heartbeats. ?GL!!?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"