D.C. Area Babies

PSA: MoCo/MD Birth Certificates...

I was dreading getting a birth cert for DD, since I'm notoriously bad at getting paperwork, etc. done... I thought I'd have to mail something in, or take a trip to Baltimore...

NOPE!

You can order MD birth certificates online!  YAY!

https://vsa.maryland.gov/

NestBaby Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: PSA: MoCo/MD Birth Certificates...

• I did this for DS's birth certificate (from Calvert County) and it came really quickly! There was a fee, but to me it was worth not having to make a trip to some office and stand in line, blah, blah...
  • Loading the player...
  • They don't just send this stuff to you automatically? Gah. Thanks for the tip!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC #2: BFP 12/17/11, m/c 1/7/12 and D&C 1/12/12

baby blog/cooking blog
    Follow Me on Pinterest

• Wow, thanks for the heads-up!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • It's great!  They are pretty quick too.  I think it only took about a week to get one for DS.
  • imagetomandcourt:
    They don't just send this stuff to you automatically? Gah. Thanks for the tip!

And you have to pay $12 per copy plus a $6 processing fee. 

• I'm confused. We filled out something at the hospital for her birth which I thought was for her birth certificate but was it for something different? I need to get her birth certificate and SSN soon so that I can apply for her passport for a trip in December.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I delivered at Shady Grove and it was taken care of.  I can't remember if they sent the paper in or gave me a paper to send in, but either way, it was easy. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagekatezta:

I delivered at Shady Grove and it was taken care of.  I can't remember if they sent the paper in or gave me a paper to send in, but either way, it was easy. 

Me too. They give you the paper to mail in...you just check how many copies you need and send a check. I think I had everything within 2 weeks after mailing it.

• They gave me a letter/paper at the hospital... but, it got lost in the shuffle, and like I said - I'm not good with paperwork.

Paying a $6 processing fee was way faster than me needing to go through looking for the paper, finding a stamp and an envelope, dropping it in the mail, etc. 

I got 2 copies, and I think I paid $40?  That was with express shipping.  Well worth it, IMO.  But, I hate dealing with this stuff.

NestBaby Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"