Alabama Babies
Options

Seriously how can you live like this (Vent)

Well DH and I went OOT this weekend for our anniversary. I had real reservations about boarding our dog Daisy. I was talking at work about it and one of my friends said she would keep her. (I work in a very small office.) I knew she had dogs so I wasn't too concerned about leaving her. I did take her over the night before to make sure that Daisy and the other dogs would get along. They did so I was excited. Fast forward to today. We go pick her up and they say something about daisy might have a few fleas. Ok a few I can handle. We get her home and decide to wash her. OMG it was bad. She had fleas everywhere. We have flea shampoo that we always wash her with. She was infested. We have washed her 3 times since getting her home. Now I'm worried for my house. We have never had a problem like this with her. I can't believe she lives like this. I knew her house wasn't clean like I try to keep mine but I am a bit OCD when it comes to my house. I'm not judging please don't take it that way but I couldn't live that way. We take great care of Daisy so she doesn't get fleas. (I know she will get some every now and then.) She is still itching and biting. We are going to call around in the morning and see if we can get her flea dipped tomorrow. I hope someone can get her in.

Does anyone have any recommendations until then?? Thanks for letting me vent. I'm sorry it's just gross.

Erin~N~Gregg 6/30/07 Project 365 imageCafeMom Tickers

Re: Seriously how can you live like this (Vent)

• Options
    I'd skip the dip and get a Capstar (it will kill any fleas on her within minutes - I put my dogs in the tub and watch them jump ship!) and a Frontline or whatever repellant you're used to using.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks!! Can I get that at Pet Depot or Pet Smart somewhere like that??
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Oh ick!  Fleas skeeve me out big time! 

Garlic is a natural repellent as well - so maybe after you get that wonder flea killer stuff KKH talked about, then give her some garlic to help them stay away

eew....

• Options
    Eew eew eew! We give our dogs a once a month pill, and I've never seen a flea on either of them.
  • Options
    YUCK!!  Your post alone made me start itching!
  • Options

imageErin&Gregg07:

I believe that Petsmart/Petco carries Capstar now, it's not something you have to buy from a vet (but they usually carry it too).

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagekkh2002:

imageErin&Gregg07:

I believe that Petsmart/Petco carries Capstar now, it's not something you have to buy from a vet (but they usually carry it too).

I second the Capstar...and I have gotten it at Petsmart in the past.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Capstar all the way.
  • Options

image12106mrsmun:
    YUCK!!  Your post alone made me start itching!

Me too!!!

• Options

Ugh - fleas are nasty!  Poor pup!  I hope you get your problem fixed!!

imagesdkrlm:

Garlic is a natural repellent as well - so maybe after you get that wonder flea killer stuff KKH talked about, then give her some garlic to help them stay away

And just a PS - Garlic is poisonous to dogs, so I don't recommend that (I only know b/c I have a sheet that I printed out from the ASPCA of common household items that are poisonous!)

https://www.aspca.org/pet-care/ask-the-expert/ask-the-expert-pet-nutrition/is-garlic-toxic-to-pets.html

• Options
    Thanks! We got her in to be dipped and we are going to start giving her the Capstar stuff! I just hope she feels better! I want to be extra sure we get them all. Thanks for all the info I really appreciate it!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"