Working Moms
Options

Week 2 down of DH's new job at MY company....

DH started a job at my company last monday after being unemployed over a year!! I pulled a lot of strings to get him in (i've been there just over a year) and so far so good. It's very weird but kinda fun. It's so weird that he now meets all these people that I would come home and talk about! We're in different departments on different floors so that's good but we do have lunch together. We can't commute together because we need to stagger our hours a bit so that DDs aren't in daycare for 11 hours a day. As it is even with staggering our hours they are there for 10 hours a day 5 days a week. sigh. It's just so nice to have two paychecks again!

Anyone else work at the same place as their DH?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Week 2 down of DH's new job at MY company....

• Options
    I do! Same company different departments and now I even work in a different building.  It works for us and his mom works in the same company and building as him so when we are really strapped for childcare we bring him to work and he can sit in her office with his bag o' fun and switch btw the two of them. 
  • Options
    We used to - NEVER AGAIN.  We were living in a VERY small 1 bedroom apartment and we worked together.  We did the same thing in a company of 35 people and our cubicles touched each other.  It was not fun at all.  I would consider different floors, different departments, but it would take a lot for us to do that again.  We almost killed each other.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

We met at work, so aside from a ~13 month stint where DH left the company (about two years ago), we've always worked at the same place.

For about a year right after we started dating, we had a situation like katy's, same team, cubicles touching, etc. Luckily, we were still in that "honeymoon" phase, so it wasn't too big a deal. LOL.

But mostly, we've been on completely separate teams, working out of different places (I work mostly from home, he works out of the local office), etc. It works out just fine.

We do have to be careful, though, especially since most of our friends are also co-workers. For example, I didn't tell anyone about my last pregnancy, but DH told some of his friends at work... and somehow word of the pregnancy (but not of the miscarriage) got back to my old boss and co-workers, who are in a completely different division, in a different city!

Mommy to DD1 (June 2007), DS (January 2010), DD2 (July 2012), and The Next One (EDD 3/31/2015)

• Options
    We met at work and still work together 5 years later.  I love it!  We work for a large company though, in different departments.  The best thing is that if one of us needs to b*tch/vent the other knows exactly who the people are and how the company does things.  :)  We are planning on doing the staggering thing when DS starts daycare next month. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"