High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

7.5 lbs baby at 36 weeks (GD)!

Hi Everyone.  I had my final ultrasound today (along with my first internal and GBS test) and our little girl is measuring big!  They said I was more than 2 weeks ahead of schedule and is estimated to weigh around 7.5lbs.  I knew there were risks of her being big with GD - but the frustrating thing is that my blood sugar levels have been so good since being diagnosed with GD and starting the diet, but that hasn't seemed to make a difference.  I have gained only 14 lbs total this pregnancy - and 7.5lbs of it is baby!

My doctor is talking induction now - at my 38 week appointment he said he will most likely set a date for around 39 weeks if I haven't gone before then.  But even with waiting that long he estimates that she will be over 9 lbs.

On another note - I had the GBS test today and it wasn't bad at all.  It was very quick and did not even feel the butt part of it.  I had the first internal exam too - that was not as much fun and I have been kind of crampy since then.  She is head down, but still pretty high up and has not dropped.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: 7.5 lbs baby at 36 weeks (GD)!

• Options

Sounds like lots of good news!

I am just wondering though... what is this GBS test and what do you mean when you say the "butt part?" I am having all kinds of scary thoughts in my head right now.....!?

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Ehhhh that so does not sound fun. ?
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

about the swab, they did mine early and its all on the outside if you know what I mean so no big deal!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagejesh1111:

about the swab, they did mine early and its all on the outside if you know what I mean so no big deal!

Yeah I didn't realize that it was all on the outside - maybe that is why I didn't feel anything - I was expecting more.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"