D.C. Area Babies

Mothers who gave birth in Virginia Hospitals...

how long did it take for your lo's birth certificate to come? or did you have to request it?

tia

imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: Mothers who gave birth in Virginia Hospitals...

• They give you the paperwork at the hospital and then you have to send it in along with a check for (I think) $15.  We received the birth certificate about 3 1/2 weeks after we mailed the form in.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We got the paperwork at the hospital and they told us to wait a few weeks before mailing it in.  I don't believe that it took very long to receive it--maybe a month?

The SSN took longer, but the paperwork said that it could take up to 18 weeks or something crazy like that.

• Loading the player...
  • filled out paperwork at the hospital and paid, I believe $12 per certificate; we got 2 originals, just in case. It took a while, a lot longer than I expected, I'd say maybe a couple of months... SSN also took a while, I was getting a little worried b/c I wanted it issued before the end of the year (I think I wanted it for tax reasons, it's all kinda fuzzy now), and DD was born in mid-Oct

• We actually got our SSN# before the birth certificate.  I'd say it was probably maybe 3 or 4 weeks to get the birth certificate after sending the request and check in.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • imageI_love_cupcakes:
    We actually got our SSN# before the birth certificate.  I'd say it was probably maybe 3 or 4 weeks to get the birth certificate after sending the request and check in.

This for both girls. We mailed the paperwork the day we got home for both.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"