Preemies

What to do with LO when he/she is awake

Maybe it's just me, but I feel like I have no idea what to do with my LO when he is awake. Now hs is going for like 1-3 hour stretches with being awake during the day and I don't know what he is ready for in terms of stimulation and what he can see. Do i show him toys, do tummy time, put him on the floor mat with the stuff hanging over him? I don't know if it's too early. We do the swing, bouncy seat, and i talk and sing to him, but I feel like I am not doing enough for him. What do you do when your LO is awake at this age? He is 6 weeks and was born at 33 weeks. Thanks so much!!
Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: What to do with LO when he/she is awake

• I'm curious too. DS is at his due date today and all we've really done is tummy time on his mat & some floor time with his boppy. We haven't really incorporated toys, we just interact with him ourselves making faces, talking, & singing. We don't use the bouncy seat yet & the swing is hit or miss so more ideas would be nice :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I will be watching this post...I have no idea either...
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Birth 2lbs 10oz 15in long (4/28 ) 2months 2weeks 6lbs 4oz (discharge day ! ) 3 months 8lbs 6oz (due date 7/25 ) **1 years old 19lbs** **2 years old 25lbs 33 inches tall** Daisypath Vacation tickers image
  • Loading the player...
  • When DS was about that old we did baby yoga together at home to a podcast (I am sure there are videos too).  It was fun and he seemed to like it.  I wish I had not stopped doing it bc it was really helping me get back in shape.  We also read lots of books and even though he was not looking at the books all the time it was something to do.  I would sing to him or dance with him and we did a lot of tummy time with faces and talking.  He also liked his exercise gym.  I tried not to use that all the time but it was great for when I needed a minute to get something done.  He loved his swing but always fell asleep in it so that was not good for awake time for us.  We liked to take him on walks too in the morning or evening when the sun was not too bad.  We made sure he was covered completely since he could not wear sunscreen yet.  That is about it really.  All your LO wants right now is your love, affection and attention so anything you do right now is wonderful and will be great for your DC!  Enjoy because it goes soooo fast.
  • You can go to my blog and check for ideas.   There are a bunch of activity suggestions for encouraging development and having fun :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"