Los Angeles Babies
Options

New to the board, have TTC Q's

Hi ladies, I think this is such a great idea to have a message board, everyone has great inputs.

?So we are trying for our first baby and I wonder if any of you were on antihistamines (Claritin) when you were TTC and if you were able to get pregnant? ?I read that it dries up your CM--of course i read this after we tried for the first time last weekend, ha! ?I have stopped taking the claritin ?and hope that next month we can successfully try...we tried last weekend but i noticed my CM was not egg-white type. ?Umm, is this too graphic for this board??Sorry if it bothers anyone that i reference CM and all. ;-(

?

well anyway, i suppose time will tell, and thanks to anyone who has thoughts on this.?

?

Oh, and how did you guys stop yourselves from googling everything TTC while waiting that two weeks after ovulation? I am going nutso taking notice of every little cramp, pinch or stomach upset. I'm just so excited to be trying! And logically I know that if it worked I really shouldnt feel anything within the 5 days after trying, right? oh my. shew. okay, deep breath. ;-)

Re: New to the board, have TTC Q's

• Options

I would OBSESS over this website...  https://www.twoweekwait.com/web/

Yeah, you'll get sucked in...

But re the CM, I have heard that women use Mucinex to get it all slippery.  I kept track of my cycle and knew that within so many days was when I would ovulate.  That worked. 

And you can always chart your temperatures aka TCOYF.  I obsessed with this too, before I got my BFP. 

• Options
    oh yeah, and dont test early!  Seriously, its a waste of money and effort.  Wait at least 10 days past ovulation so you arent throwing money away on tests.  And the dollar store tests are cheap, but they arent as sensitive as the regular store tests.  You end up just squinting and trying to determine if you see a line. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Thank you so much it helps to know I am not totally off the wall right now.  It is only our first time trying.  That website is really good thank you for recommending it; now I just hope I'm not willing the symptoms to occur by being too hopeful. Only time will tell.

and good to know about the testing, I'll make sure I get one of the brand name tests if i miss my period.

Congratulations on your bundle due in July, how exciting!

• Options
    Thanks...one thing I did notice right away were the veins in my chest.  They were blue and all over like a road map.  I noticed that even before getting the BFP.  So look for those veins!
  • Options

Happy day!!! BFP on Saturday, second try.  well, first try i pretty much new was not going to work based on us deciding to give a try 1.5 days after ovulating and having non-eggwhite CM from claritin use.  

I was out of town but I am now entering my 6th week.  I find it funky that the first two weeks are included when you're on your period and then ovulation week, b/c really I am ony going on 4 wk pregnant. We know the day we conceieved b/c i flew back home just for the BD. Ha!

No blue veins yet but im enjoying plumper bubbies. ;-) 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"