North Carolina Babies

hospital in Wilmington?

DH has signed up to play a rugby tournament in Wilmington this weekend. (Yep. Really.) So...the car seat, hospital bag, my medical records and I will be going along, just in case. Fun times.?

Anybody know what hospital I should barge into if babynark decides to make a 4th of July appearance? (DH's theory is to just punch "hospital" into the GPS if I go into labor and go to whatever comes up first. Or "we could just drive back to Charlotte. First labors last a long time, right?" Ha. I am NOT laboring for three hours in the car.)?

I know I need to do my own research but just thought I'd ask. I googled and came up with Cape Fear Hospital. Anybody know anything about it...or if there's somewhere else I should consider??

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: hospital in Wilmington?

• New Hanover Regional is the big trauma center in the area. I just looked at their website and the women/childrens wing is new. It said they have all private L&D rooms.

ps Your DH owes you for: 1. sitting in the care for 3 hours each way on a holiday weekend. 2. sitting outside in the heat/humidity while 9 months pg!!! Do you want me to write you a doctor's note??? ?I can take being on my feet and working, but being in the heat has been tough.?

• New Hanover is a great hospital. Looks like Cape Fear is the smaller hospital in their health system.
  • Loading the player...
  • narknark member
    imagebobsbride2006:

ps Your DH owes you for: 1. sitting in the care for 3 hours each way on a holiday weekend. 2. sitting outside in the heat/humidity while 9 months pg!!! Do you want me to write you a doctor's note??? ?I can take being on my feet and working, but being in the heat has been tough.?

Ha. I will def be investing in one of those little fan/spray bottle thingies. And a big bag of ice.?

And thanks for the info! Looks like Hanover is the way to go.?

• I just wanted to say you are so brave for making that trip being so far along.  Obviously I had complications but still I was way uncomfortable and three hours in a car would not have worked.
  • Cape Fear and New Hanover Regional Medical Center are both owned by New Hanover Health network. ?But no question about it, New Hanover Regional is where you need to go. ?Last year, they opened the brand new Betty H. Cameron Women's and Children's hospital right there on the campus. ?It's all about L&D, private NICU rooms, etc. ?It is amazing in there. ?
    TTC since Jan. 07
    6 IUIs,IVF #1 w/ICSI = BFP!
    Betas, 332 & 856 = twins!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Our baby girl is here!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"