LGBT Parenting

Reality Check

I know this will sound stupid but it just dawned on me that we really and truly may lose both girls. I think I was in denial about the realities of this screwed up system and truly belived that the right thing always happens.

This case may drag on for a year or longer, per our social worker, and at the end we may be childless, have to give up the children we love. How fair is that? What was I thinking?

I cannot stop crying or feeling like an idiot. Why did I think I could do this?

Re: Reality Check

• i'm so sorry Sad

I've heard time and time again that there is no way to truely prepare yourself for all the hardships that come w/ foster parenting. the only thing you can do is hope/pray and rejoice in the time you do have with them.  one day at a time.

• I'm sorry. Not that it helps but try to focus on the days you have with them, and how much better you're making their lives right now.
  • Loading the player...
  • I had custody of my cousin for 2 1/2 years.  I got her before she was 2.  I felt like she was mine and vice versa.  Her mother got custody back a year ago.  No way to prepare for that hole.  Ugh.  I hate that you're going through this. 
  • I'm sorry hun.  You're doing a very special thing by opening up your heart and home to the girls.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"