Two Under 2

If #2 wakes up for night feeding crying, did #1 wake up?

My dd is starting to sleep later and later in the morning. now with the new baby coming i am preparing myself for night feedings but what if dd wakes up too. I can't handle two kids at 3AM!!

PS.  I love this board. Thank you ladies for your advice!

Re: If #2 wakes up for night feeding crying, did #1 wake up?

• When DS #2 was a newborn DD#1 rarely woke up if it was in the middle of the night, now that DS#2 is 8 months and only wakes up once at about 5AM, DD is more likely to wake up.  During naps they are more likely to wake eachother up than night time sleeping.  Also, their rooms are next door to eachother and you can definitely hear through the wall. 
  • No, the girls don't wake when DS cries. They hear him, but go back to sleep. They all have their own rooms, but you can hear DS cry down the block - he's SO loud! LOL!
    image Mommy to Barbara 11/8/05, Elisabeth 5/13/07, Loukas 12/23/08 and Lazarus 09/25/12
  • Loading the player...
  • Nope...but DS#1 is a heavy sleeper.  The twins (DS#2/DD) even sleep in the same room and they will not wake each other up if one of them is crying unless it's around 6am.
  • I think #2 only woke up #1 once.  #1 had always slept with the vaporizer fan on, so we kept that going in his room after #2 was born.  Then when #2 started  having trouble STTN, we moved the vaporizer fan into her room so that #1 wouldn't wake her up during naps and after her bedtime.  Worked like a charm!
  • I thought this would be an issue too so I got a white noise machine for both the baby and toddler's rooms.

The baby has NEVER woken up the toddler.

?

Our IF journey: 1 m/c, 1 IVF with only 3 eggs retrieved yielding Dylan and a lost twin, 1 shocker unmedicated BFP resulting in Jace, 3 more unmedicated pregnancies ending in more losses.
    Total score: 6 pregnancies, 5 losses, 2 amazing blessings that I'm thankful for every single day.
  • DD is a LOUD crier and I think she had woken DS up a few times but he puts himself right back to sleep. 
  • yes, #2 has woken #1 up several times.  not to the point where she is wide awake, but to the point where we go in and rub her back to help her get back to sleep.  it totally sucks when I am nursing #2, #1 is crying/fussy from being woken up and DH is snoring!!!!

• When DD#2 came DD#1 was STTN (she was 5 months old), sometimes they would tag team me and all I could do was finish one and then move to the next one haha.  I mean sometimes, someone has to just cry.  Its hard but mostly it wasnt too bad!  Oh and the crying of one baby doesn't wake the other...but we found that using sound machines really really helps with the noise

"I have four children. Two are adopted. I forget which two. -Bob Constantine

"All for Love,' a Saviour prayed 'Abba Father have Your way. Though they know not what they do...Let the Cross draw men to You...."

• I know that Lukas' crying will wake Natalie up, but she doesn't cry at all.  She just goes right back to sleep.  It really has not been an issue...thankfully!
    Natalie 7.27.07/Lukas 5.29.09/Noah 3.4.11/Brooke 7.31.12 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • DD never woke up DS w/ night-crying(that I know of).  We use air purifiers on low/medium in both of their rooms at night.  They also don't wake each other during nap time(purifiers on high).  Their rooms are right next to each other, joined by a very thin wall....
  • dd1 has never woken up because of dd2.

it was so cute one time, i went into check on dd1 and dd2 started crying (so dd1's door was accidentally open) and in her sleep dd1 said "shhhh baby sawyer" and rolled back over. 

• Very, very rarely (I could count on one hand with both sets of 2 under 2).
    Michelle
    3 boys (15, 8, 6), 1 girl (4)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"