Pregnant after 35

We finally bought our nursery furniture!

We had no idea how daunting a task it would be to choose nursery furniture.  I seriously think we spent less time picking out our bedroom set!   After much consideration and going to every single baby store in Louisville, Lexington and Southern Indiana, we decided upon the Munire Madison:

Munire Madison Crib

Of course it will take at least 8 weeks to come in, so now we can start painting and getting her room ready.  One thing down and ten million more to go!

Re: We finally bought our nursery furniture!

• M.AmyM.Amy member
    It looks really nice!  Didn't it feel impossible to decide?? You must be so happy to have it ordered.
  •  

Very cute! I'm in Louisville as well (there may be another on this board) and if looking for baby furniture is anything like looking for Maternity cloths in our area .....However I did find a baby/maternity consignment store with some degree of promiss you may want to check out called "Once Upon a Child" over on Taylorsville.

• Loading the player...
  • I'm glad it's not just me having trouble finding cute stuff here!  A friend of mine recommended Once Upon A Child to me yesterday.  We live in J-town, and I must have passed it a million times and never knew it existed.  I think I may drag my hubby over there tomorrow :)
  • Cool I'm in the Highlands.

Be prepared for the sheer volume of stuff.  The prices are great and the maternity selection needs to be carefully combed through.  But there are some good things in there you just have to look.  The store is nicely arranged and they get new stuff in daily they told me.  Good luck!

• Looks great!  We're going to get a Munire combo dresser (my SIL is giving us her crib) and their furniture is very well made.

Congrats on that milestone!

Bronx Zoo: Summer 2013

To read my blog, click on the giraffe pic below!
  • You must be so glad that's out of the way!  I agree with you, I think I spend less time deciding on a car!  LOL  Did you buy the mattress yet?  if not, just wait, that'l take you twice as long.... Good luck with the rest of your shopping.  Big Smile
    image Nicholas Jacob born on 06/30/2009, 9.5lbs and 21 1/4" long Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Joshua Scott 5.3lbs & Jonathan Matthew 6.2lbs, born 08/31/10 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Very nice!

I sooo relate.  We went to yet another baby store today (hopefully the last one), and made a few more tweaks to our final list.  In two weeks, we're just going to go on a blitz, buy everything we've decided on, and have it all delivered at once. 

I'm so tired of looking, I can't wait until we just have it done! 

You are likely to be eaten by a grue. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"