North Carolina Babies

LAH

DH and I want to go somewhere once Megan arrives but after I'm recovered.  It would probably be just before I go back to work for a few days. 

We are thinking Pinehurst and if I'm not getting numerous people confused I think you live there?

He wants to golf.  I want to go to the spa, have a few meals out since by then I will have been out very little in 3 months or so, and lay by the pool and have a few drinks.  That is all.

What are our best options besides paying the crazy $350/night to stay at the actual resort?

Thanks!

Re: LAH

• Have you tried VRBO.com?  I bet you could get some killer last minute deals on there if you wait to book. 

• I've found a couple of condos that look pretty good on there and are actually really cheap already so we will probably go that route.

Now if I could just find someone to wait on me by the pool all day I'd be good.

• Loading the player...
  • I'm sure you could round up a homeless guy for a few bucks to wait on you.  Just remember, you'll have to share with him.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • And dont give the homeless man money because he will take it and go buy some Mad Dog 20/20.

• Good call!  I forgot about my homeless guy theory.  So if I buy him mad dog 20/20 he should keep my drinks full for me.
  • I doubt he would share his MD20/20 if thats what you are asking.
  • Toads-you know way too much about Mad Dog. 

• I use to work for a reputable wine company - and in our lower income areas that was the biggest seller....
  • Haha!  And have you guys realized we are like the only three people posting right now?  You ladies should just go to work so it can be a normal day :)
  • Haha, I know.  Alex should be getting up soon...although I wont complain if he sleeps a little longer.
  • Sleep Alex Sleep!  Is Scotty working today?  Also, did I tell you my nephew's 4th bday party was yesterday and it was pirate themed too?

My SIL is bringing me cupcakes from it today.  I'm super excited.  Cupcakes and I go together like peas and carrots.

Pirate theme must be the new black.

• I think the big theme according to the party store selection was Laua theme.  But Pirate theme is up there too.

Cupcakes..YUM!

And I feel bad we totally hijacked the post to Lah. 

Yes - Scotty is working today too...and Im exhausted from all the house stuff we have done this weekend, watching Alex, cooking, etc.  Ready for him to come home. Not much longer.

• LAH is going to be like WTF and why are they talking about Mad Dog 20/20.

He's gotta make that money to support your high maintenance lifestyle!

• This post left LAH a long time ago!  We just needed a venue since we're not at work, and this post is a clever disguise.  Eli is napping right now too, and M is watching tennis.

• You girls are funny! ECU, I am sorry I am just seeing this now. Of course the Carolina is beautiful and the spa is right next door. I am actually headed there in a few minutes for a massage. But it can be pricey! If you don't want to stay in the Village, Homewood Suites is really nice and close to the Village (about 5 minutes away). We love to have drinks at the Pinecrest Inn (big wrap around porch with rocking chairs, has piano player tand it always turns into a sing along), but my DH said it is really expensive. We have friends that own a brand new Hampton Inn in Aberdeen that is really nice, but is a probably a 15 minute drive to the Village. If you want more into on the condos you found, just let me know :)
  • imagelah1177:
    You girls are funny! ECU, I am sorry I am just seeing this now. Of course the Carolina is beautiful and the spa is right next door. I am actually headed there in a few minutes for a massage. But it can be pricey! If you don't want to stay in the Village, Homewood Suites is really nice and close to the Village (about 5 minutes away). We love to have drinks at the Pinecrest Inn (big wrap around porch with rocking chairs, has piano player tand it always turns into a sing along), but my DH said it is really expensive. We have friends that own a brand new Hampton Inn in Aberdeen that is really nice, but is a probably a 15 minute drive to the Village. If you want more into on the condos you found, just let me know :)

Thanks LAH!  I'll pick out some of my favorites and let you know maybe later today or tomorrow.

I've been to the spa and it's super nice and I don't mind paying the money for that or DH to play golf but the room prices are steep especially since it's in NC.  I don't know I just can't wrap my head around that since it is just going to be a quick getaway.

Drinks on the porch sound divine right now.  Enjoy your massage!

• My favorite restaurant is Ironwood on Midland Road, it is not in the Village but it is close by. In the Village I really like Ten Ya (Asian/sushi) and The Darling House. Hackers and Dugans are more pub food. I really like Ashten's in Southern Pines. If you come to Pinehurst, you should check out downtown Southern Pines too, it is really cute and has a lot of cute shops and restaurants.
  • https://www.vrbo.com/137247

https://www.vrbo.com/121476

Here are two of them.  They look the same so they may be in the same area.  There is another one I found yesterday but I'm having trouble finding it now.

I'll have to take note of those restaurants too.  We have been to Southern Pines and Pinehurst before but it is usually with a big group and we rent a bigger house.  DH used to have a house in Seven Lakes too so he knows something about the area but he didn't know anything about these condos.

• https://www.vrbo.com/146140

This was it because they said they have guest passes to the pools and stuff.  That is worth it in itself to me.

• ECU, all three of those are in the same area and the one Toads posted is as well. They are all off of Highway #5. I have never been inside of them, but the location is pretty good. You won't be able to walk to the Village, but it is a very short drive, probably less than 5 minutes. They are all right on the golf course. The one with pool privileges sounds nice! They are not the nicest looking condos from the outside, but for what you are looking for (a chance to get away and relax) they will be perfect. I know you probably will not be up for much socializing while you are here, but I just wanted to let you know I am here for you if you want to get together :)
  • Thanks!  I've contacted one of them and they still have availability so I'll probably contact the others and then decide.

Who knows how I will feel at that point but if I'm up for a drink or something I'll def. let you know.

Hope you enjoyed your massage!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"