North Carolina Babies

Food for daycare

Uggh - I feel like I'm in a rut.  Alex's daycare provides food in the 2 year old class, but not his.  So - I pack his lunch/snacks/etc.  They also will not microwave food (which I dont blame them -- in case it gets too hot) so I feel stuck on baby food - stage 3, or Gerber grads stuff that doesn't need microwaving.

Snacks I take cheerios, Annie's whole wheat bunnies, fruit, raisins, cheese, etc.

For breakfast he gets his baby yogurt. 

Other than that I need inspiration for lunches.  Any suggestions?

**edited to add they are a peanut free daycare, so PB&J is out too - not that he eats PB, but just sayin....**

Re: Food for daycare

• What about lunch meat?  Like ham or turkey?  And things like corn and peas aren't too bad cold or room temp, or carrots.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Our main snack options are: freeze dried fruit, puffs, graham crackers, craisins (not too often b/c they have a lot of sugar), and cheese cubes

For lunch, we usually either do yogurt (Maddie usually eats oatmeal and fruit for breakfast), a sandwich (deli meat and cheese, or cheese and avocado) or shredded chicken/turkey and either a pureed veggie or those Gerber cheese puffs. I don't think any of that stuff would need to be heated up!

GL-We are still doing purees too when I can't think of anything to give her, or when I need to get her some veggies/fruit in a quick and easy way.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I was thinking sandwiches - but Alex doesnt like to bite hard to get through something but I guess I could cut it into smaller pieces.  Thanks for the suggestions - and keep them coming!
  • McD's Chicken Nuggets, Pizza, BBQ Sandwiches.  Stuff of that sort.  You know like real man food :)
  • We don't give Eli sandwiches, just the components separately.  He's also a big fan of the dried fruits.  Other than that I'm out of ideas, I get in ruts with Eli's food too.  Thank goodness our daycare provides food or he'd be eating the same things all the time! 

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Buffalo wings, beer, fried chicken....all the good stuff!  LOL
  • imagetoadslove:
    Buffalo wings, beer, fried chicken....all the good stuff!  LOL

He will appreciate you more this way :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"