Nurseries and Baby Gear

PBK Sleigh Side Table = No good :(

I went to PBK to purchase the sleigh side table for the nursery and all was well until I tested out the drawer.  I had to yank it and jerk it just to get it barely halfway open and then it was all jankety and difficult to shut.  DH was able to get it open a little further but it was so difficult to open and close that it definitely wouldn't be worth $180 and a thousand headaches with that drawer.  Too bad because it looks really cute!  I found a similar one at Restoration Hardware Baby though.  The only difference is that it doesn't have a drawer.
My best friend, my husband, my everything
Matthew Kevin
7/31/83-7/20/11 image
Met 1/8/00
Engaged 4/21/06
Married 9/29/07
Two beautiful legacies: Noah Matthew (2 yrs) and Chloe Marcella (8 mos)
Day Three

Re: PBK Sleigh Side Table = No good :(

• EmmieBEmmieB member

I pretty much hate Pottery Barn all the way around.

Check consignment shops and you might find something even more awesome. That works.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I have such a love/hate relationship with Pottery Barn.  I soooo adore their aesthetic, but their quality just sucks. I bought an entire living room of furniture--3 tables, a sofa, a chair, two lamps, and bookcase.  They *all* fell apart or dinged easily or had some other problem. 

That said, I rolled the dice for the nursery and bought a PB rug and lamps and they're actually pretty nice.

• Loading the player...
  • I have a few pieces from PB and I think they're actually pretty well made.  Could be that one wasn't assembled properly...
  • imageljlkm:

I have such a love/hate relationship with Pottery Barn.  I soooo adore their aesthetic, but their quality just sucks. I bought an entire living room of furniture--3 tables, a sofa, a chair, two lamps, and bookcase.  They *all* fell apart or dinged easily or had some other problem. 

That said, I rolled the dice for the nursery and bought a PB rug and lamps and they're actually pretty nice.

I agree.  I've always been a huge pottery barn fan, but for the price, the quality is just not there.  We had to return all of our dishes because they "bubbled" in the dishwasher even though they were dishwasher safe.  I LOVED them and was so sad.  Our towels in one of the colors all ran and look bleached out (I don't even OWN bleach), too.  

• you should bring it back and get it exchanged. I work for PBK and the company as a whole wants you to be happy, so they will happily exchange it for one that the drawer is more secure. Every now and again i see kinks that like.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"