Pregnant after 35
Options

Plan of attack today

I am ready to have this baby.  Now.  I can already feel he is bigger than DD was at birth, he is really low and definitely started, as of yesterday, being more quiet (plenty of sufficient movement though), I am at least 2cm dilated (likely more considering all the bloody CM Thursday), about 80% effaced and have been having a ton of contractions that while increasingly painful and lasting well over a minute (hence me being up already -- again), stop.  And quite selfishly, I want more separation between the kids' birthdays and more recovery time before my parents (who require more "management") arrive. 

So on the agenda for today:
*  errands like Costco, Target, Kohls and BRU to do returns, registry update and shopping; lots of walking there
*  pedicure with a huge emphasis on ankle massage
*  spicy food
*  weeding out front
*  long walk in the neighborhood
*  making DH a happy man

This had better work, dammit.  I don't remember feeling quite so "done" with DD at this point but I am with this one.  :::sigh::::

DD -- 5YO
DS -- 3YO

Re: Plan of attack today

• Options
    I don't know how you feel about wine during pregnancy but if you are ok with it I'd throw in one glass of wine too.  When I was pregnant with Paige they wanted to induce me at 38 weeks because they thought she was already close to 9 pounds and wanted to avoid c-section.  My doctor called the hospital and they were completely booked.  So, he told me the only way to get me in was for me to force my way in by going into labor.  He recommended a lot of walking, sex, and a glass of wine.  He said the wine would  help relax me which could be conducive to starting labor.  Unfortunately, it didn't work but they were able to get me in 3 days later for the induction.  And they were right... she was born (vaginally) weighing 9 pounds and 1 ounce!
  • Options
    PeskyPesky member

imageJerseygirl16:
    I don't know how you feel about wine during pregnancy but if you are ok with it I'd throw in one glass of wine too.  

I like your line of thinking.  :::scribbles in "have glass of wine" on the list:::

DD -- 5YO
    DS -- 3YO

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    A woman with a plan! I like it! Good luck today :)
  • Options
    I like how you plan.....hope it all works out!! Especially if the weather is as gorgeous where you are as it is here!
  • Options

Hope it all works for you, Pesky!

Bronx Zoo: Summer 2013

To read my blog, click on the giraffe pic below!
  • Options
    Sounds like an excellent plan!  Good luck and I hope everything goes smoothly (as much as possible) for you!
  • Options
    M.AmyM.Amy member

I am right there with you!!!  I am sooo over being pregnant and at my appt. yesterday the dr said I was closed up tighter than a bank on a holiday.  So I have no end in sight. I can only hope that things will happen quickly.

I have my fingers crossed for you that you will go this weekend!

• Options

Ditto here!  I'm going shopping today (with my mom, just in case) going through the entire mall if I have to and then some.  Spicy food for lunch and hmmmm, wine sounds good for dinner too!  Dinner = eggplant parmesan. 

It's kinda ridiculous when you're so huge that people actually ask you if you're carrying twins!  Yep, got that yesterday again!  LOL

Anywho, let's make this happen this weekend ladies, i'm up for a game! Wink

Oh and BTW - I found this:

https://www.givingbirthnaturally.com/acupressure-to-induce-labor.html

image Nicholas Jacob born on 06/30/2009, 9.5lbs and 21 1/4" long Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Joshua Scott 5.3lbs & Jonathan Matthew 6.2lbs, born 08/31/10 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Oh I love your plan & I hope it works for you. I read it to my husband so he doesn't think I am hurting the baby should I do this in a few weeks.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I love your plan.  I hope it works.  I had the same due date and would be doing the same thing right now if Alex wouldn't have decided to come early.  Good luck.  My neighbor said caster oil (sp) worked for her.  i would probably not do it since she spent most of the day in the bathroom.
    image Sandy RIP 1-11-09 imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Good plan!  I hope it works!
    You are likely to be eaten by a grue. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options
    imageM.Amy:

I am right there with you!!!  I am sooo over being pregnant and at my appt. yesterday the dr said I was closed up tighter than a bank on a holiday.  So I have no end in sight. I can only hope that things will happen quickly.

I have my fingers crossed for you that you will go this weekend!

M.Amy, you and me both!!!  Okay, my OB threw me a crumb, I'd just started to efface.  Big whoopity-doo.  No dilation, the baby hasn't dropped yet. . , and I am SO done being pregnant!!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    M.AmyM.Amy member

I have started chanting to my stomach "Get out of my belly."  Next step is playing some awful music so he will have no choice but to evacuate. :)

• Options

imagetlc7068:
    I love your plan.  I hope it works.  I had the same due date and would be doing the same thing right now if Alex wouldn't have decided to come early.  Good luck.  My neighbor said caster oil (sp) worked for her.  i would probably not do it since she spent most of the day in the bathroom.

oh GOSH! Please don't use castor oil! I'm an OB L&D nurse, and it will only make you poop like crazy!!!! Yikes! For your nurses sake... please no oil! LOL! BTW, We are fine w/ a little poop, it happens if you're pushing correctly, but the castor oil poops are a whole different ball game! Good luck!!!

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options

amylinn9 - i am totally with you no caster oil.  i heard the whole story of how bad the bathroom visits were all day.  i was lucky.  i woke up in active labor 3 weeks early and had him 5 hours later.

image Sandy RIP 1-11-09 imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    steverstever member
    Sounds like a good plan. Good luck and labor dust to  ya Pesky!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"