Birth Stories
Options

Our Baby Boy is here!

Here is my birth story, I will try not to ramble.  For some background I wanted to go without the use of any pain medications during labor so my hubby and I were ready with music, birth ball, massage.... In addition, we waited to find out the sex of our baby and it was so much fun, I highly recomend it! So with that...on June 14 I woke up at 4:30am to what felt like I was about to pee in my pants, so I quickly got up and went to the bathroom.  Went back to bed and felt it again, I knew something was different - I wasn't sure but I had a strong feeling that my water broke (not in one gush but slowly), so I woke my hubby up and let him know what I thought and we waited for some contractions to start.  Only small and very far apart contractions were coming (every 20-30 mins.) so we got up made breakfast, took showers and were just going to be ready to head into the hospital.  At lunch time, after a movie and a walk, contractions were still not coming closer together, so we ate some lunch and waited a bit.  At 2pm, my water started coming out a lot, so I told hubby we should head in.  Our mom's met us there and we were checked in.  I was at 3 cm and my water had broken.  So we went to L & D.  At 8 pm I was still at 3 cm so the Dr. decided that we need to induce.  In the beginning pain was manageable but as they upped the dose of pitocin I could not handle it, after 2 hours of really intense labor, they checked me and I was only at 4.5 cm, so I decided to get an epidural so my body could relax and I could then avoid needed a C-section if I became to exhausted to push or if the baby became distressed.  It was a tough decision, but worth it.  After getting the epi, I felt wonderful, I could still feel the contractions but no pain.  The nurse (who was wonderful) put my catheder in and I felt a ton of pressure so she checked me and I was at 10 cm ready to push in 40 min!  A half hour of pushing and Joseph was born!  6 lbs 12 oz and 20.25 inches long.  He is beautiful and I am loving motherhood!  Sorry so long, but I definitely learned that you can have a labor plan, but be prepared to think things through and be open to change. 

Re: Our Baby Boy is here!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"