North Carolina Babies

Ideas needed for telling fam

We're hopefully going to find out what we're having on Wednesday (and hopefully that everything looks ok).  With Natalie, we found out right before we flew home for Christmas so we wrapped up a little dress for both sets of parents and had them open it up as our way of telling them what we're having.  I'd like to do something similar this time; however, we won't be back in the Midwest so we have to tell them via webcam.

If we have a boy, I was going to have Natalie show them her new toy -- a baseball.

Any suggestions on what I should do if we're having another girl?  Matching dolls?  (DH wasn't so into that one).

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Ideas needed for telling fam

• Maybe get a doll and put a shirt that says "little sister" on the doll....

I dont know thats tough!  Hmmmm....

• Get a little sister onesie for the baby and have Natalie wear a big sister shirt and hold up the onesie. Carters has them :).
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers /">< imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Loading the player...
  • imagetoadslove:

Maybe get a doll and put a shirt that says "little sister" on the doll....

I dont know thats tough!  Hmmmm....

I just saw a "Little sister" onesie at Kohls. I think that would be a cute idea. 

You could put the boy one on a teddy bear.

• I just got that Little Sister onesie at Carter's today.  I had previously bought the Big Sister shirt.  I saw both their today!

My Sweet Girls

• i feel like it was just the other day u announced u were pregnant and now its already time to find out if its a boy or girl. how exciting. i like the onesie on the doll or teddie idea.
    imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • No ideas bc it's 1:45 in the morning but yay for finding out really soon.  Good luck!
  • Do you have names picked out yet?  Maybe you could get DD to attempt to say them and have her call the baby doll by the name?  But, if your DD isn't talking very much that won't work.

What if you just have DD holding a baby doll wrapped in a pink or blue blanket and see how long it takes them to catch on?

Good luck!

• imageMrsJones2005:

Do you have names picked out yet?  Maybe you could get DD to attempt to say them and have her call the baby doll by the name?  But, if your DD isn't talking very much that won't work.

We actually haven't even begun to think about names.  As with Natalie, we plan to wait till after we "know" what we're having.  Plus, DD isn't really speaking yet at all (well, she says "cup").

Thanks for the suggestions ladies!  I'll keep you posted on Wednesday.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"