Baby Showers

So my shower is this Sunday....

So my shower is this Sunday and I am expecting around 100 people. I have been checking my gift registry (I know....but I can't help myself!) and only about 20-25 items have been purchased. I am starting to get really nervous that we won't get what we need and will have to buy most of it ourselves. I mean, I appreciate everything that people have bought us so far...but this is our first and we are trying to buy a home right now.....so I was just hoping that we wouldn't have to spend a lot......

Re: So my shower is this Sunday....

• Wow....I can't believe it....the sense of entitlement. 

I work at BRU and to be honest with you, you would be AMAZED at how many people by things the day of the shower.  I have seen people come in and purchase while the shower was going on (there were running late).  Most of our business is done on Saturdays because that is the day most showers are held. 

Just a side note, your baby shower should not be  a means to an end. If you just got one gift you should be happy with that because none of your guest are obliged really to buy you anything.  Just my .02

• I didn't mean to make it sound like I only cared about the gifts. I am very excited to have people come and celebrate with us. Gifts or no gifts.

I guess I just feel like we don't have anything ready for this baby to come. Since we are trying to move right now I feel very unprepared. That is all.

• Loading the player...
  • Emiline, this Sunday is my shower too! I feel the same way.  I agree with PP...thinking back to my bridal shower A LOT of things were bought the day of or the day before.  Don't fret, your baby will be well taken care of as I am sure mine will be.  HAVE FUN!  :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Like diva741 said most people will buy gifts the day of, and if your shower is on a Sunday that means they have Saturday and Sunday to shop so I wouldn't worry.

As for not feeling ready, I think that's normal, at least I hope it is because I feel the same way. Even if you get everything on your registry if you are trying to move you are going to feel unprepared for a while. You'll still need to do all the laundry and set stuff up so don't stress too much. Just enjoy your shower and appriciate that people want to celebrate with you.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    TTC#2 October 2011. June 2012 diagnosed with mild PCOS and both tubes blocked.
    10/1/12 miracle BFP 11/12/12 missed m/c (9w2d), baby stopped growing at 7 weeks
    1/16/13 BFP, EDD 9/27/13, m/c 1/19/13
    imagephoto rainbowleavesbadge-1_zpsa9246b63.jpg
    2/12/13 BFP, EDD 10/25/13 Please stick little one
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    A stowaway on board! :)
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Thanks Smile

I really didn't mean to sound like a terrible person.

Hope everyones showers go well for them. We are having an ice cream bar so I am quite excited!

• A lot of people - myself included - never look at the registry.  Is it a huge deal to get a baby towel in a slightly different shade of green than the one you personally selected?
  • Don't count on your guests getting all of your heart's desires.  A lot of people look at the registry and then buy things that are similar and less expensive.  For instance, I noticed the Bumbo seat is like $5 less at Target than it is at BRU...so I was able to get a little outfit as well.  It is the same thing...just at a different store.

As for Diva's comment about people not being obligated to bring a gift...that is incorrect.  If they come to a baby shower they are certainly obligated to bring a gift...since that is what a shower is for.  If they didn't want to bring a gift they would have declined.

Also, like a couple of other people said...many items are bought the day of and also many people just give gift cards so you can buy your own things.

• Honestly, Most people don't shop for Babyshowers until just before the day of the shower. Especially since the shower is on a Sunday. Don't worry too much about it. I am sure Sunday will be perfect ! Enjoy your dayBig Smile

• My shower was just a couple weeks ago and I thought the same thing. The day before, only like 20 items off my 3 registries were purchased all together. I was kinda worried but once I got to my shower I realized that about 70% of the people that came didn't buy off the registry.

It worked out great anyways, I got everything I needed besides the "big ticket" items, which we purchased before. We also only had like 20 or so people show so you should recieve more than enough IMO

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"