Stay at Home Moms
Options

Going to be a sahm

Well, my husband and I both currently work full times jobs, I also attend college at night (my husband finished his masters this week)and we have a 3 year old. I'm 16 weeks (due date 12/7)pregnant and was contemplating going to work part time after the baby. Well yesterday I guess my decision was made for me. I will be laid off as of 12/31. I will recieve a nice severence package and then unemployment and will be able to stay home with the my two kids and finish school at a faster rate. Anyone been in the situation where becoming a SAHM just kind of happened? I had been thinking so hard about all of the changes and hesitant to think that everything could play out perfectly. Did you just know when it was time to stay at home?

Any feedback would be great. As you can see i'm nervous about all the changes. 

Re: Going to be a sahm

• Options
    Welcome to the board!!
  • Options

I have wanted it for a very long time but for me, too, it just sort of happened. 

I'm still working but won't be in approximately 3 weeks.  It's going to be a huge adjustment for our lifestyle but it will be worth it.  I'm only 8 weeks pregnant but this will give me some time to adjust to this HUGE (becoming a SAHW) adjustment before then needing to adjust to having a child.

Good luck, to you!!

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Wow, you got a nice long notice about that, so you can actually start making plans.  Me, I had given birth about a week before I received a call notifying me I was laid-off, and since the company could barely pay the electric bill the severance pkg wasn't that great, especially considering the fact I was taking sick & vaca days for maternity leave anyway!

Anyway, we were fortunate b/c my family helps out, and while I kept wishing I had a job to go to the first few months, I soon stopped looking for even a part-time position b/c I couldn't imagine leaving DD, esp. since I can barely go to the restroom w/o her screaming for me Stick out tongue  We are invovled in Gymboree classes, mom's group, and play dates to get out of the house, and they really are sanity savers, as is nap time!

I hope you enjoy your last months of working and your new lifestyle as a SAHM.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"