Birth Stories

Successful VBAC birth story, Darragh Joseph is here.

Sunday evening I started having Bloody Show. By 2am I was having contractions every 5 minutes. 5 am my water broke, so we headed to the hospital.When I was checked I was 2cm and 100% effaced and contractions were coming every 2-3 minutes, but weren't very painful. II labored for around 6 hrs, at which point my contractions were almost on top of each other but stil very manageable, and I only had progressed to 4 cm.They decided to do an internal and found a pocket of my waters that hadn't burst, so they burst them. Very rapidly my pain went through the roof and after 1 hr of crippling contractions I asked for an epidural. About 7pm the epidural was administered, but unlike last time, relief was not immediate, I could still feel the full strength of the contractions in my left side. It took almost an hr for them to fix the problem and for me to exerience relief.At this point the doc talked candidly about the fact that my body seemed not to be having strong enough contractions for me to progress further. Due to the fact I was so against pitocin, we discussed a time to call it quits and go for a repeat c-section. I was really upset at this point, as I had been so optimistic that since i started contracting on my own this time, that I would have a good shot at a natural birth.I experienced two hours of pain free bliss in which I was able to relax a little. The doc came back to check me around 9-9.30pm and to all of our surprise I was 10cm and ready to push.By the time my nursing team got ready, it was 10.20. Two doctors fought over delivering him, and one of our nurses stayed an hour and a half after her shift ended, just so that she could participate in the birth. ?They were all very excited to see me actually have the birth that i wanted. ?I started pushing, and Darragh Joseph was born at 11.11pm,weighing in at 8.8lbs and measuring 21 inches.He scored 9 and 9 on his apgars and took to breastfeeding like a pro.I was so proud of the fact that with the help of my wonderfull support team, DH and my friend/doula and a very patient and encouraging team of doctors and nurses, I was able to have the birth experience I felt I missed out on last time.Having ds put on my stomach immediately after birth was the best feeling in the world. ?

We are back home and enjoying being a family of four. Tiernan has been so excited and incredibly nurturing to his new brother and despite the newborn fog of tiredness, life is good!??

?

Re: Successful VBAC birth story, Darragh Joseph is here.

• Congratulations! I'm sure you felt amazing afterward. I am dreading a c-section (my DD is breech at 35 1/2 weeks), but hope to have a similar experience with #2 if possible. Great story!
  • imageschmittn:
    Congratulations! I'm sure you felt amazing afterward. I am dreading a c-section (my DD is breech at 35 1/2 weeks), but hope to have a similar experience with #2 if possible. Great story!

I mean 37 1/2 weeks!

• Loading the player...
  • Congratulations on your VBAC, is it not the most amazing experience!! Your LO is adorable!!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Congrats on your healthy baby boy! Glad to hear that VBAC worked out so well for you! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have decided on having a VBAC and really appreciate reading success stories as I am very nervous
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"