South Florida Babies
Options

Hi ladies!

i'm new to the Bump and wanted to introduce myself to the group. one of the current members (karenlisa) turned me onto the group so i figured i'd join! my name is carol - i have two baby girls - Olivia (22 months old) and Sabrina (4 months old). i've been a speech therapist for about 8 years but i won't be returning to work from my current maternity leave. my hands are pretty full, not just because i have two under 2, but because my oldest, Olivia, has a lot of challenges. her birth was quite traumatic and she suffered a lot of damage from improper care. i'm in therapy with her often throughout the week or i'm working on therapeutic exercises with her at home. she sees all disciplines - OT, PT, and speech for feeding issues. it's a big challenge, i must say, and after working for so many years with special needs children, it's a completely different experience being on the mommy side of it all.

staying home was a tough decision because i've always worked and somehow i think i just identified myself as a therapist first, so it took a bit to change that mentality to parent first. i am settling in to life at home. it's definitely not boring or without plenty to do (see above: therapies, etc. etc.). since sabrina has come along, i look forward to doing more in the way of play dates and such...thankfully she's completely healthy. it's just tough with Olivia because of all her difficulties and the fact that she hates the car! but i figure it's good to get to know other mommies in the area, so here i am! 

looking forward to getting to know you all!

carol 

Re: newbie

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"