Pregnant after 35

BFP!!

Hi Ladies,

I'm not on the site as often as some, but I do pop in from time to time, and I've learned so much from so many of you.  Thought I would share...

Got a BFP, actually two BFPs.  (I took both tests because I just couldn't believe it.)  I was about 14 dpo.  My right tube is completely blocked by a fibroid and I have about 4 more fibroids in there.  I already had a myomectomy to remove about 10 fibroids almost 4 years ago, and yup, they came right back. 

Wish us luck and send your prayers.  My husband and I are very excited.  I'm 35 going on 36 and DH is 39, this will be our first child and my first time ever being pregnant. 

My first doctor's appointment is this Tuesday.  Anything in particular, I should ask, I have a list of my own, but I wonder if I've missed anything. 

Re: BFP!!

• Congrats!  H&H 9 months to you.

Welcome

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • steverstever member

Congrats and welcome!

I didn't really have anything to ask my doc as he told me most of what I'd thought of - like what vitamins to take etc. 

• Loading the player...
  • Congratulations to you!  I hope you have an enjoyable, healthy pregnancy.
    Justin Thomas joined us on 8.4.07
    Tyler Anthony arrived on 9.21.09
    imageimage
    imageimage
    The Chronicles of Justin and Tyler
  • Congratualtions!  H&H pregnancy with an easy delivery for you and your LO!
  • imagestever:

I didn't really have anything to ask my doc as he told me most of what I'd thought of - like what vitamins to take etc. 

I didn't have many questions either.  The doc asked a lot of questions, started my prelim paperwork and sent me for bloodwork.  Good Luck and a happy and healthy pregnancy to you!

BTW, thanks Stever for mentioning vitamins....I've had mine sitting right next to me all day and kept forgetting to take them.  Thanks for the reminder!

• Congratulations and welcome.  I have fibroids as well.  I HAD two until I got pregnant... now I have three.  They are growing, but I was told that they will most likely outgrow their blood supply at some point and shrink.  We'll see about that one.  I have no discomfort from them.  Good luck to you!

PhotobucketPhotobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Welcome and congrats!
    DD1 is 3, DD2 is 1.
  • Congratulations! Write a list of things to ask your doctor as you think of them. Good luck at your first appointment!
  • CONGRATS and welcome- we're glad to have you join us!
  • Oooh, congratulations!  I can't think of anything to ask, though.

I've got 3 big fibroids and one smallish.  So far, it seems th eonly thing they've done is make me look a few weeks farther along than I am, which is great for getting a seat on the bus.  :)

You are likely to be eaten by a grue. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Thanks everyone for your support and thanks Peppernut for the comment on the fibroids making you look bigger. (LOL!!)  I'm already looking like I'm showing, but it's because these fibroids have always caused my stomach to poke out.  I've been thinking I'm going to be huge, but I don't care as long as the baby has room and the fibroids don't inhibit his/her growth in any way.

Thanks again.  Happy to be on the board.  Good luck to all of you with your pregnancies and deliveries. 

• PeskyPesky member
    congrats & H&H 9 mos to you!!!

DD -- 5YO
    DS -- 3YO

• Ditto on the fibroids.  I have two, and for the first few times we tried to see the kid on U/S, he/she was literallly hiding behind my upper one!   Right then we knew this kid would be difficult!

Your doc may call for more U/S than usual because of them.. .just to make sure they're not growing more quickly and squeezing the poor kid.   So far, mine are staying about the same size.    But I may end up needing a C-Section because my lower one is kind of in the way of the exit.

• Congrats! Wishing you a H&H 9 months!
  • Congrats and welcome
  • Congratulations!!  Wishing you a happy and healthy pregnancy.

Bronx Zoo: Summer 2013

To read my blog, click on the giraffe pic below!
  • Congratulations!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"