Blended Families

Am I over-reacting...opinions please???

I got up to use FI's email b/c my computer is at work and I looked at an email with from a co-worker with an interesting subject line. This female co-worker emailed him prior to her working at the company asking if he wanted to "talk" after he'd ran into her and told her he was divorced. So I thought it showed her interest in him. He responded in front of me, and said something like I'm excited that my Fiance is moving to be with me now. We never heard from her again...until she joined his company and became his counterpart. Though we are in different cities, he works closely with her and trained her.

So I found an email exchange about a trip coming up next week that she sent out to 3 people including FI; only the first email was to 3 people; all further exchanges were between her and FI only. Read from the bottom of the email up; I copied and pasted the email and that's how it displayed...

FI to girl - What? I thought for sure that would get a response ----- Girl to FI only- No comment. ----- Original Message ----- FI to girl only - Shut up woman, I can find it, just a man so I won't worry about it until I get my flight reminder 3 hours before it leaves! ----- Original Message ----- Girl to FI only - Its in a email dork. John sent the reply to jcran about a week ago. I can forward to u if u lost it.   ----- Original Message ----- FI to girl only - No, I actually have no idea when I'm getting, where the hotel is, or how I'm getting there. ----- Original Message ----- Girl to FI only - I know! See ya monday. U golfn?   ----- Original Message ----- FI to girl only - I emailed u too ----- Original Message ----- girl to FI only - So u email john huh? Rendezuous in Memphis. ----- Original Message ----- FI to all - Yeah well, I just had two chicken kabobs off the grill and sucking down a frosty beer right now...take care. ----------------- Girl to 3 guys - See ya boys on Monday! Frank- see ya in the AM. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- so i woke FI up to say that this seems very suspicious. he said he's not interested in her at all and it meant absolutely nothing. he only wants to be with me, etc, etc, etc. Am I over-reacting or is this email extremely flirtatious in nature? I think it is, and I think that is unacceptable. Other thoughts? thanks!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Am I over-reacting...opinions please???

• I must be completely missing something because it sounds like he is going on a business trip and that is about it...

• I'm sorry to say, but it sounds like you're overreacting. Even if it was a little flirtacious, that doesn't mean anything suspicious is going on. I flirt with other men, including my best friend's husband and she does is right back to mine, but there is definitely nothing going on. It's just for fun. I wouldn't waste time overthinking this email and I wouldn't bother FI with something like this again or he is going to start thinking you are doing something wrong if you are accusing him of things or asking him about emails like this.
  • Loading the player...
  • I don't find it susicious at all.
  • Interesting. I'm glad to hear these responses...surprised, but glad. I think it took me off-guard because he and I have been reading a book about why men cheat. It states that most men do not set out to cheat, but it often happens at work when people work closely together. From there their work relationship evolves without it being intentional and then affairs happen.

So I just felt like flirtatious exchanges is where this behavior begins. But, I guess I'm reading into this too much.

And I'm not saying it's suspicious as if something is going on, but flat out "flirtatious." I just don't like him flirting with other women he travels with. I don't trust what things can happen when people travel together. But I guess I have to get over it.

Thanks for the comments!

• What is so suspicious about it?  If you cannot trust your Fi now... You seriously better reconsider making him your DH.  My DH travels a lot of business and if you don't have trust - you are in for a rude awakening and crappy marriage.

Also it shows that if you are reading up on his emails, there is already trust problems. 

• I don't think it's flirtatious. If I'm reading right, the only part they emailed to just each other is the Rendezvous in Memphis part. That's a BBQ restaurant, she's not saying to HAVE a Rendezvous in Memphis.  I work like 50 feet from there so if you need me to stake out let me know :)

As a side note, their BBQ sucks, and all their sides are terrible, I have no idea why they're still famous for BBQ.  You should tell him to go to Central BBQ in Midtown or Corky's in East Memphis.  Much much better.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Curly - did you forget...I'm from Memphis! I def. know about the Rendezvous and am surprised you don't like it. I actually do! But the others you mentioned are good too!

I also worked downtown for years when I lived there.

Thanks for your opinion!

• Oh yeah I forgot.  Well yeah I haaaate Rendezvous and I don't know anyone that does like it, that's so weird!  Their cole slaw is downright nasty.  BLECH.  I lurrrrve Central with all my heart.  So freaking scrumptious.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Oh man! ?Now I want dry rub BBQ!!

Sigh. ?Sometimes I hate NY.

?

Nothing sets off my radar in the emails. ?In fact, it sounds as if she is being generally energetic/perky to all of the co-workers so as not to come across as flirtatious. ?As a woman who spent years working in a primarily male field, I recognize the tone.?

• imagetaagent:

I must be completely missing something because it sounds like he is going on a business trip and that is about it...

this
    ~*March 26th, 2011 - The day I marry my best friend*~ Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers image 44 Invitations sent out!
    image 70 guests are joining the celebration!
    image 11 friends are sad they can't make it
    image 20 people are procrastinators!
    RSVP Date: 2/28/2011
  • Yup...I'm gonna have to agree with everyone else on this too. my DH has women in his building that he works with as well but if this exchange was between him andne of them, I wouldn't worry about it at all. ;o)
  • imagetwinkl5379:

I got up to use FI's email b/c my computer is at work and I looked at an email with from a co-worker with an interesting subject line. This female co-worker emailed him prior to her working at the company asking if he wanted to "talk" after he'd ran into her and told her he was divorced. So I thought it showed her interest in him. He responded in front of me, and said something like I'm excited that my Fiance is moving to be with me now. We never heard from her again...until she joined his company and became his counterpart. Though we are in different cities, he works closely with her and trained her.

So I found an email exchange about a trip coming up next week that she sent out to 3 people including FI; only the first email was to 3 people; all further exchanges were between her and FI only. Read from the bottom of the email up; I copied and pasted the email and that's how it displayed...

FI - What? I thought for sure that would get a response ----- Girl - No comment. ----- Original Message ----- FI - Shut up woman, I can find it, just a man so I won't worry about it until I get my flight reminder 3 hours before it leaves! ----- Original Message ----- Girl - Its in a email dork. John sent the reply to jcran about a week ago. I can forward to u if u lost it.   ----- Original Message ----- FI - No, I actually have no idea when I'm getting, where the hotel is, or how I'm getting there. ----- Original Message ----- Girl - I know! See ya monday. U golfn?   ----- Original Message ----- FI to girl only - I emailed u too ----- Original Message ----- girl to FI only - So u email john huh? Rendezuous in Memphis. ----- Original Message ----- FI to all - Yeah well, I just had two chicken kabobs off the grill and sucking down a frosty beer right now...take care. ----------------- Girl to 3 guys - See ya boys on Monday! Frank- see ya in the AM. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- so i woke FI up to say that this seems very suspicious. he said he's not interested in her at all and it meant absolutely nothing. he only wants to be with me, etc, etc, etc. Am I over-reacting or is this email extremely flirtatious in nature? I think it is, and I think that is unacceptable. Other thoughts? thanks!

He didn't even say "chicken breasts" so I don't think there's any dirty code going on here, although he did say "sucking"... 

Stay at home mom to a house of boys: two amazing stepsons, 12 and 9, and our 4 year old.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"