I was reading below about sleep stuff - I think 50% of it is really the luck of the draw and your baby's temperament, but there are things that have really worked for us and CIO hasn't really been one of them. Jules has been sleeping through the night since she was 3 months old (she's a big girl though and was when she was born so that really helps too.) The questions I have for those of you who have older children who aren't sleeping....
- have you engaged a lovey or a blankie?
- do you have a routine that involves a dark room, night light, books, cuddles, whatever? we have used a sound machine and it really works for us.
- the fisher price aquarium also works at times
- we put a bunch of soft toys in the crib so she can play in there if she wakes up too early, she often goes back to sleep
- early bedtime has really worked for us...she sleeps from 7-6:30 am with two 90 minutes naps. make sure naps are over by 4 pm at the latest (ours are usually until 3pm)
any one else have good tips to share?