North Carolina Babies

FFF anyone?

Bring it on - kid and non kid related.  Fire away

Re: FFF anyone?

• I am so tired of political talk on the TVs that I thought maybe the MJ thing would stop all that....well it has...and now Im ready for the political talk to return because really....have we forgotten that MJ was a wack job?  He liked little boys, and although its shocking - I dont get the fans crowded around the hospital, the people in tears.....get over it. 
  • My grandmother keeps bringing over food but she brings fruit AND desserts.  Guess which one I choose?  Then when she comes back I have to explain why most of the fruit is still in the kitchen.
  • Loading the player...
  • DH is trying super hard to be a good grocery shopper but he keeps effing up my milk.  This time it's Lactose Free Organic Milk. Gag!  I guess I'll drink it bc I don't have the heart to tell him he screwed up my milk again.
  • I don't understand how people think they are going to sell something on Craigslist without pictures or stock images from a website! Come on!!!

• DH is so lazy -- last night we were cleaning and he moved the coffee table and under it was a toy - well he vacuumed around the toy, around the table and then moved the table back.  Hello lazy a$$ pick up the toy!  And then I said something about him doing it (maybe not in the nicest voice) and he was like, "I lost the bet."  What bet?  "The bet I made with myself to see how long it would take for you to say something, I thought you would at least wait 5 seconds..."

UGGH.  Men.  And this is coming from the shuffler of $hit.  He will move one pile from one spot to a new spot and it never finds a home.
  • I can not think of a single thing to say today.  That's pretty flameworthy.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I hate "timeframe" appts.  Our timeframe was 10-12 - we were the second stop...just got a call its going to be after 12 - I rescheduled for tomorrow.  UGGH.  I have wasted my morning now.  Oh well...off to shop for some clothes!
  • I work for City Parks & Rec.  We partner with County Parks & Rec to work with 2 of their Therapeutic Rec groups (visually impaired group on Weds and mentally handicapped group on last Fri of the month).  Well, today's group was supposed to go to DNP to play putt putt.  I used my valuable time (very busy at work right now) and gas to drive to DNP only to wait 45 minutes for them to NOT show up.  Now come on ladies, I just saw you 2 days ago, if your group outing was cancelled, please have the decency to tell me so I don't waste my time.  And don't avoid my email that asked where the F you were while I was waiting.
    image Connor Reeves - July 4, 2007 Naomi Raye - January 26, 2011
  • imageMrsLee04:
    I was going to say the opposite of a PP, but in respect for FF I will abstain because otherwise it will seem I am "breaking the rules" and flaming, even though I had my thoughts before I even opened the post.  So there.  lol

I think it will be ok if you just state your opinion and don't refer to the first person's post.  I think we can handle it here.

Like I could say I LOVE timeframes and love it when I spend half my day waiting for an appt and then they never show.  That isn't flaming.

• Sometimes I judge other moms.  I know I shouldn't, but I do.  The other day when I dropped DS off at daycare, a mom was dropping her son off and gave him a bag of sour cream & onion potato chips to eat.  Today, that same child was eating cheetos.  I just can't understand why anyone would feed that to their child on a regular basis.

On the other hand, I gladly gave Nate some McD's french fries last week when he was so sick.  He had barely eaten for days and at that point I was just happy that he would eat something.  I felt like everyone at the mall was thinking that I'm a bad mom for feeding my toddler McD's.  So I know better than to judge, but I do it anyway.

• This may be flameworthy b/c people may not agree, but I never for one minute believed any of the stuff about MJ, I never thought he was guilty of what he was accused of (and acquitted for). I am not a fan of Al Sharpton but I thought he had a very good point that the same news media who crucified MJ is now singing his praises. Yes, the man had serious issues, many of which I believe stemmed from his lack of a childhood, but I never thought he hurt children.
  • imageMrsLee04:
    [

Ok....I'm tired of the people (on OTHER boards) bashing MJ.  Someone actually said they were glad he was dead, that he was just a child molester.  Do I believe he committed the crimes?  Yes, I really do.  But....I believe that his crimes were the results of years of abuse, that never truly ended, at the hand of his father.  I think he was so mentally sick and never got the help he deserved.  He had no life.  I feel nothing but sorry for him, and today I mourn the talent that he was and the person he was back then and the person he could've, should've been.  I hope his father burns in hell someday.

I agree... I really hope that he is remembered for his music and not all of the mess that surrounded someone who was forced to grow up way too fast. 

• imagesms297:

imageMrsLee04:
    [

Ok....I'm tired of the people (on OTHER boards) bashing MJ.  Someone actually said they were glad he was dead, that he was just a child molester.  Do I believe he committed the crimes?  Yes, I really do.  But....I believe that his crimes were the results of years of abuse, that never truly ended, at the hand of his father.  I think he was so mentally sick and never got the help he deserved.  He had no life.  I feel nothing but sorry for him, and today I mourn the talent that he was and the person he was back then and the person he could've, should've been.  I hope his father burns in hell someday.

I agree... I really hope that he is remembered for his music and not all of the mess that surrounded someone who was forced to grow up way too fast. 

I don't know if I think he did those things or not, but I think it's just a crying shame that someone so super talented had the problems he did.  Obviously he had some mental problems about his self image and things like that, and I'm not sure if I believe he did those things to those kids.  But it's just a shame someone so talented spiraled down like that.  We will never see the like of MJ again.

• I have wasted so much food trying to get Ben to eat.  In other cases I would eat it or try to get him to eat it again later, but I don't want to eat what he has mashed with his germy hands.  And he's been taking bites of it, chewing it, then spitting it all back out.  When he does that I can't very well give it back to him with half chewed food on it.

Since Bif is sick too, yesterday he asked me to drop off a Sweet Tea to his office.  I drove through at Bojangles and got a Tea.  Ben begged for nuggets.  I got an order of Chicken Supremes.  I gave him a piece of one and he put it in his mouth and spit it out and threw it on the floor.  Fantastic. 

It makes me sick to my stomach to think about how much food has been wasted this week.

And further - I can't believe he's still not eating.  The only thing he'll eat is goldfish.  Nothing else.  And even those he'll tell me his face isn't working.  I'm so tired of him being sick and miserable.  I just want him to be better.

• I think MJ is a has been....I think he HAD great talent and gave a lot to our culture and thats the end of that.  For the media circus that is surrounding his death -- its crazy.  Im over it.  I wish there was more news on Farrah Fawcet - I feel like MJ 'stole her thunder' and poor Ed McMahon...people have all but forgotten that he died.

• imageECUGirl2004:

Sometimes I judge other moms.  I know I shouldn't, but I do.  The other day when I dropped DS off at daycare, a mom was dropping her son off and gave him a bag of sour cream & onion potato chips to eat.  Today, that same child was eating cheetos.  I just can't understand why anyone would feed that to their child on a regular basis.

On the other hand, I gladly gave Nate some McD's french fries last week when he was so sick.  He had barely eaten for days and at that point I was just happy that he would eat something.  I felt like everyone at the mall was thinking that I'm a bad mom for feeding my toddler McD's.  So I know better than to judge, but I do it anyway.

Guilty!  I judge other moms too.  And I don't do it because I think I'm God's gift to children or anything, its just that some things that I see other mom's do aggrivates the hell out of me and I just want to slap them and show them MY way to do it.  Self righteous huh.  But then again, I'm also that mom that lets my son eat his cookie at subway before his sandwhich because that's the only way to get him to actually eat his sandwhich.  We all do what we gotta do sometimes.

image Connor Reeves - July 4, 2007 Naomi Raye - January 26, 2011
  • You cant compare apples to oranges.  She wasnt in music, she was in TV, Movies and modeling. So she didnt have records to sell and concerts and tours.  I think she is a little pre "our time" and we just got to experience the tail end of FF.  I bet if you ask our parents generation they would say that FF was pretty equal to MJ if you wanted to compare apples to oranges.  She has the highest selling poster ever, everyone knows the FF hair do, everyone knows Charlies Angels....so I mean tit for tat really.  In her "craft" she was one of the best too.

Ed....well...I wasnt saying he was like MJ -- Im just saying nobody even cares anymore about him dying. 

• For the life of me, I cannot figure out why I feel guilty if I go out for a night and leave DH with DS.  He rehearses with a band one night a week, every single week.  And then that band plays gigs several times a month.  And it's a given that I'll be here taking care of DS.  So why do I feel guilty for going out without them for a few hours every now and then?  Mom guilt is ridiculous.
  • OK girls, you're crossing into a gray area here...

• Jumping on the MJ bandwagon....

I couldn't stand to look at recent pics of Michael Jackson.  Whenever they talked about him on the news, I had to close my eyes or look away.  He completely freaked me out!  He looked like an alien or something.  It was bizarre.

• There are definitely 2 Michael Jacksons.

• FFF anyone?  LOL --

I agree to disagree.  Wink

• imageMrsLee04:
    imagetoadslove:

oh and posing nude for Playboy showing off her super long nipples?

that made me LOL!

image Caleb is 3! 101 in 1001
  • I like that I can use DS an excuse to NOT to things, like go to a badly planned bach party this week. Yes, I really did want to go dancing on college night at some bar downtown but Caleb kept me up ALL Night..... Wink
    image Caleb is 3! 101 in 1001
  • imageMrsLee04:
    LOL seriously though.....DH saw it years ago and said it was NASTY.  Apparently she nursed the kid for a looooong time so they're very long.  He said not normal, not sexy. 

Maybe that's the up-side to having flat nipples!  Hurrah, I finally found a positive spin on it.  I don't have to worry about having freakishly long nipples!  LOL

• I'm so annoyed with one of my cats right now I seriously thought about leaving the door open this morning and letting him run away (though I'm sure he'd come back, with fleas LOL).  I'm all into animal rescue, all my animals are rescues, and I totally judge people who give up on pets, whatever the reason.  I've always been particularly judgmental of people who don't want their pets anymore after having kids, but I am I seriously bad cat mom these days.  And this one bit Liam on the face this morning while Liam was giving him a hug.  I want to kick him to the curb, but I won't.

For the record, I still love my dog to pieces and think of her as almost a 2nd child.  It's just the cats that annoy me now.

Rachel & Bill 9-10-05, Liam Andrew born 5-30-08 (formerly lakebride05)
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I will not google FF's long nipples at work.

I will not google FF's long nipples at work.

I will not google FF's long nipples at work.

...but now I'm so curious. AHHHH!

• imagecrescentmoon99:

For the record, I still love my dog to pieces and think of her as almost a 2nd child.  It's just the cats that annoy me now.

I could have written everything you wrote.  I am done with cats.  DONE.  Judge me, I don't care.  No more cats for me, ever. 

• I leave for the ILs in NY on Sunday.  That's probably enough said. ;)  So joy for me having NYC down the street but probably getting to go there only once to see my friends there.  (I've been campaigning for twice -- still up in the air. ;))  And getting to walk on the shag carpet with its own separately-evolved eco system over the last 40 years.  And the FUGLY orange/brown/yellow wallpapered and wood paneled dark rooms.  And probably that new bed they got last fall for DH's old room that's as hard as a park bench, no joke.  I'll probably have to sleep in the guest room like I did at Christmas.  I'm taking knitting to do so at least I'll have something to show for my trip other than blindness after reading the same newspaper 20 times a day.  (I'll be blind from knitting in the dark, but a toddler dress is more useful than knowing a bunch of facts about Long Island crimes and the Yankees.)  At least it's our only trip up there this year.

I will read the other responses later; we're having a yard sale tomorrow and I'll be up all night getting ready!

Pregnant with #1 with PCOS and LPD, success with mostly naturopathic treatments
    Our Thanksgiving Day baby 11/22/07

imageimageimage

Pregnant with #2 with LPD, uterine polyp/hysteroscopy, DOR (AMH = 0.17), 2 c/ps
    Our early Christmas present 12/9/10
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"