D.C. Area Babies

Irritation from swim diapers?

Hi ladies.  So my daughter has never really had diaper rash but lately she has had a horrible red butt.  It's all over the place, not like regular diaper rash.  The only thing that really has been different lately is 1. the use of swim diapers and 2. the heat.  I'm wondering if the red butt is from one or the other or a combination of the two.  Has this happened to anyone else?

Re: Irritation from swim diapers?

• Hmm no. DD was in her swim diaper for the first time today. She uses the reusable Imse Vimse ones. Are you using the disposable? If so, that might be why..??
  • I use both the Disposable Little Swimmers and the reusable Imse Vimse.  Neither gives her a rash. 

When DD had an all-over-red diaper rash, it was a yeast rash from antibiotics she was taking.  It also happened after the first time she ate spaghetti.  Has your DD had anything really acidic to eat lately (tomato sauce)?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • kristin, you are SO SMART.  i actually had sort of thought of that.  she has had a bunch of tomato sauce lately!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  great call.  did you just stop giving her tomato sauce or what?
  • little man has really sensitive skin and everything makes his butt red.  it could be food, it could be the diapers.  get some A&D ointment and put that on it.
  • imageasolare:
    kristin, you are SO SMART.  i actually had sort of thought of that.  she has had a bunch of tomato sauce lately!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  great call.  did you just stop giving her tomato sauce or what?

No, I didn't stop because she LOVES marinara sauce.  However, I won't give it to her for two dinners in a row to try to avoid the rash.  Also, I make her spaghetti with very little sauce.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"