South Florida Babies
Options

*JenG*

How is the bar studying going?  I've been thinking a lot about you and hope you are hanging in there.  I know it's really rough!!!

If you have any questions, you know where to find me.  Also, don't know if you've started studying for the FL essay questions yet, or if I already told you this, but let me know when you do and I can give you some tips that I'm convinced help me a great deal on that part.

Otherwise, hope you are feeling great :) You have an anni and a big gender reveal coming up soon, right?  SOOOO excited for you and Gaby.

xoxo

Re: *JenG*

• Options

Ehhhhhhhh, it's going. LOL. Some days I feel like I'm totally on top of it, and other days I feel completely overwhelmed. I've been trying to not burn myself out so far, and my plan is starting after 4th of July to really pick up steam and just put the blinders on and focus on studying all the time. So far I've just been going to the lectures and doing some (but not all) of the practice questions they assign.

Any tips you have whatsoever would be greatly appreciated :) I haven't done much with the essays yet.

I'm very, very lucky in that I've been feeling great physically. I know what a blessing that is and I feel almost guilty when I see what you and a lot of other pregnant women have to go through with the bad morning sickness! I just constantly pray that my baby is healthy and happy, and right now it's just a waiting game. July 7th = 2 year anni and big u/s! We're so excited :) It's going to be extra hard to focus on studying from July 7th till July 29th! But at least I know after that I can just focus on the baby.

By the way, if our little bean is a boy, he's going to be a Nicolas too! Different spelling than your Nicholas, but hey it's the same thing ;) Great choice! And I think Mon mentioned that his middle name was August? I LOVE that name!!!!! Gaby wouldn't go for it, but I think it's a GREAT middle name!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

I completely understand about the ups and downs of the studying.  Some days I was totally motivated and other days I couldn't stand it.  If it makes you feel better, I worked full time while studying for it and ended up being more than fine.  You know your stuff and you'll totally rock it.  When things slow down at work next week, I'll send you my tips in an email.  If I forget, please remind me.

I am so glad you have been feeling great!!! I have definitely had a very hard time (and am still feeling pretty badly), but I just know it is a blessing and try not to complain.  I also figure all of my sickness means he is reminding me he is there ;-)

I can't wait to find out what you are having!! It will definitely be hard to focus on studying once you know, but you are right...after the test is done...you can focus on ALL baby.

I'm so excited that Nicolas is your boy name too!!! We picked a boy and a girl name before I was even pregnant lol.  Nicholas is the name of the first member of my dad's family to come to the US from Germany in the early 1700's, so that's how we decided on that and August is my great grandfather's name (we are definitely very German lol).  Plus, we love the fact that the name sounds good in Spanish too so that my mother-in-law can feel comfortable saying it.  So it will be "Nicolas" to her ;-)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    ::butting in:: Jai-- just noticed we are 2 days apart!!! HOLY COW...def labor buddies. let's see who'll go 1st :)
  • Options

It's very reassuring to hear that you were able to work full time and still study. I've been working part time up until this week and now I think I'm just going to dedicate myself solely to the test. I think it's kind of hard to gauge your progress. You can take multiple choice practice tests and see how you do on those, but it's hard to factor what that's all going to mean when you throw in the essays and all the other variables that can come up on the day of the exam.

I'd so appreciate any tips you have :) I could definitely use them.

Nicholas August is a wonderful name and I love that it has so much history for you guys :) I am really big on using family names for kids because I think it's so interesting for the child to hear about how he was named after his great-great grandfather, or his first German relative to come to the U.S. Super cool. A few months ago I was reading a biography on Marie Antoinette and all the Austrian, German, and French names used at that time for men were so beautiful and distinguished. August was one that I liked a lot (Roman is another one).

Cynthia, I think when you, Kristen, JessNJorge, etc. start going into labor, I'm going to enter into major panic mode knowing my due date is right around the corner. And I have Nikki who is just a few days ahead of me! I can't wait for all the fall/winter birth announcements.

• Options

Jen- you want to hear about panic mode...my coworker is only 4 months ahead of me and she just left on maternity leave.  her baby will be born next week, scheduled c-section.  when she left this week i started freakin' out!! i was like crap only 4 months...no please no let this last longer than that!! LOL

• Options
    OMG that's crazy lol. That would totally freak me out.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"