LGBT Parenting

XP: Beta #2

It's on to round 3.  Beta #2 was 3.4.  My doctor has a 2.9 threshold before they'll stop poking me for blood so I'll go in for one more hcg next week if AF doesn't show. I was 100% expecting this but it still sucks.  Should I be happy I was pregnant even just for a bit? I mean we did hit the bullseye on only our 2nd try - that should mean something, no? I'm glad my boss isn't here today and that I can just sit in my office with my dog and veg.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: XP: Beta #2

• I'm really sorry. I am glad that everything else looks okay and is working like it should. I hope cycle #3 is your sticky baby. Hugs to you.
  • I'm sorry two...and sorry they are making you do another beta yet.  It IS really great that you seem to have gotten the timing and swimming sperm parts down.  Hang in there...
  • Loading the player...
  • Oh, Two*, I am so sorry. I wish there were something we could do.

It may not feel reassuring right now, but I do think it's good that you know you can get pregnant, and that your donor's swimmers are good, and all that. I hope this is the only sorrow you'll have to experience, and that next cycle will bring you exactly what you want.

married 03/08/08 -- ttc with PCOS (dx 2005) & DS
    IUI #3 gave us the best 2nd anniv. gift ever: 2 babies! (born 03/09/10)
    Peanut and Little Man are getting so big! 2 years old already!
    finally blogging again at This Will Be: An Adventure
  • I'm so sorry.  And annoyed on your behalf that you have to go back again.  I think it is something that you hit the bullseye on try #2 - and you will hit it again.

Mrs._F
    sahm ~ toddler breastfeeder ~ cloth diaperer ~ baby wearer

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • i'm so sorry hon :(

as hard as it is, there were a lot of successes this round - not the least of which was you handling the dissapointing news with grace and hope.  

• I agree that it is positive that you got pregnant on your second try, even though it was a c/p. Didn't K have a sense of when it would happen for you two? Was it try 3 or 4?

Met 07/07/05, Wedding 07/07/07, Legal Marriage Ceremony 12/9/12, Baby Boy Born 08/09/13 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageJoySeattle:

I agree that it is positive that you got pregnant on your second try, even though it was a c/p. Didn't K have a sense of when it would happen for you two? Was it try 3 or 4?

Yes, K is convince it will be our 4th try - August.

• Maybe she's right! (Although being pleasantly surprised if you get a sticky baby next cycle probably wouldn't be a bad thing, right?)
    Met 07/07/05, Wedding 07/07/07, Legal Marriage Ceremony 12/9/12, Baby Boy Born 08/09/13 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • :::HUGS:::
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"