Birth Stories
Options

Ezra's birth story

I used to love reading these so thought I would share mine!

I was induced on thursday morning 6/18/09, we were to be at the hospital at 5AM so we woke up bright and early at 4 and left by 4:30 to arrive just on time.  When we got there they took me in right away and got me settled in my room and by 5:30AM the nurse was starting my IV with fluids and pitocin.  The instructions from my doctor were to increase the amout of pit. every 15mins.  When the nurse checked me b4 starting the IV I was at 2.5cm just like the day before at my last appointment and about 80% effaced she also said baby was at a -2 station.  I figured things were going to a take while to get going but I was wrong.  Apparently I had been having regular contractions before getting started on the pit. they were about 6-7 mins apart but I couldn't feel them.  Once on the pit. for about 30 mins my contractions were even closer about 2-3 mins apart lasting about 45-60 seconds.  I was still in great shape feeling hardly anything.  My doctor made her way in at 7:30 and checked me and I was at 3 cm and she then broke my water which was a very disgusting feeling.  I still managed on my own without any pain medication until around 10:15, I asked the nurse for something to take the edge off because they were now getting difficult to manage.  I was checked and was at 4cm almost completely effaced so she gave me Nubain(not sure on the spelling.)  My nurse Renee was wonderful, she did warn me that the biggest side effect was that I would feel groggy which indeed I did.  By this point my mom, MIL, FIL, SIL and DH were all in the room with me just chillin relaxin and sharing stories and apparently I was the object of everyone's laughter even my own.  I was so out of it that I was holding conversations with each of them and would doze off in the middle of talking and then wake back up and start over again, even I caught myself a few times and was still laughing but within 15mins I was in the worst pain I have ever felt.  Apparently my contractions were coming right on top of each other and I couldn't stand the pain any longer, thank goodness the anestesiolgist(spelling again sorry) was on stand by and came in right away got everyone out of the room except DH and gave me the epidural.  It was the best feeling in the world to be able to breathe and relax again.  So there we were back to laughing it up and the grogginess somewhat wore off, I remember it was about 11:30 or noon and everyone except DH went to get something to eat then they were back  by 12:30.  Right before everyone came back in the nurse checked me again and low and behold I was at 10CM!!! She said that the reason my pain had gotten so bad w/in minutes of getting the nubain was because it was a relaxer and it did just that my body relaxed enough to start dialating more and w/in 2 hours of getting the epidural I dialated 6cm.  Renee called my dr to see what we should do since baby was still at a 0 station at this point so she sat me straight up in bed (I couldn't walk around since I had epi) this way the baby would "labor down" on his own.  At 1:30PM he was at a -2 station and we started our practice pushing, at first I didn't know if what I was doing was effective at all but quickly learned how to push the right way and my little Ezra was born at 2:24PM weighing in at 8lbs 4oz and 21in long.  Thank goodness I had renee there to massage my u know to stretch it out and my doctor did the same thing so no tearing and no episiotimy!  Motherhood is great and I would do it all over again! Good luck to all of you ladies and see you over in 0-6 months soon!!!

(sorry the pic is so big)  

Re: Ezra's birth story

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"