Birth Stories
Options

It's a girl

On Saturday, May 23rd I thought my water had broken so after leaking for a few hours I called my OB and he said it didn't sound like my water but to go ahead and come into the hospital to make sure.  DH and I got to the hospital at around 10:30 pm.  The nurses put a contraction & fetal monitor on my tummy and checked to see if my water had broken.  It had not.  I was told it was just very watery discharge; however, she said I was 1 cm dilated (which I had been for 2 weeks) and that my cervix were very, very thin which was no surprise since I had been on bedrest for 3 months due to IC.  She also asked if I could feel any contractions, they were showing up on the monitor but I couldn't.  We were sent home.  We got back home at about midnight and went straight to sleep.  I was having a hard time getting into a deep sleep and felt slightly crampy.  I also got up to pee more than the normal number of times I was used to.  At about 4:45 am during one of my bathroom trips I turned on the light and noticed a little pink blood in my panties and was wondering if it was the start of my bloody show.  My slight cramping seemed to be getting a little more intense but wasn't sure if it was the start of labor or if I was just looking for something that wasn't really there.  I decided to try and go back to sleep but by the time I got to the bed I realized this was not my imagination.  I woke up DH and told him what was going on.  We started timing the cramps.  They were about 4 minutes apart and started in my lower back the same level as my tailbone and went across my back from hipbone to hipbone.  They were getting more and more painful.  I drank a bottle of water to see if this would make them go away.  It did seem to spread them out to 11 minutes apart but that didn't last very long.  At 7:30 am I decided it was time to call my OB once again.  He called back during one of my contractions so DH answered the phone and he told us to come in.  The contractions got much more painful and intense on our 30 minute drive to the hospital.  This was not joke, ouch!  We got there at about 9:00 am and I was checked immediately by the L&D nurse and was told I was 4-5 cm dilated!  My thought was "OMG, I can't believe it!  This is really happening and today!  Wow"!  I got my epidural within 30 minutes of arriving and I must say it was best thing ever!  I couldn't even tell when I was having a contraction.  I was progressing nicely and by the time by OB arrived at 10:30 am I was already 6 cm, my water had not broken on its own so he broke it.  I was told to try and relax and get some sleep if I could.  DH went to the car and brought up a few things and my mom and dad went to grab a bite to eat.  I couldn't sleep.  DH came back a few minutes later and we just tried to relax.    I was checked again at about 11:45 am and was told I was about 9 cm dilated but the baby was on his/her side facing my right hip.  I was placed on my left side to see if he/she would move into the correct position.  I couldn't believe how quickly this is happening.  My contractions must have been getting stronger at that time because I could feel tightness at the top of my belly and when I looked at the monitor it was showing a big contraction.  My mom and dad had just come back from breakfast and the OB wanted to check me again so they left the room, it was 12:15 pm and I was feeling the pressure I had heard all about.  It was time for me to start pushing!  I was fully dilated.  I started pushing at about 12:20 pm - 12:30 pm and Mila Jacqueline arrived at 1:09 pm!  She was a beautiful, tiny little girl, 5 lbs 11 oz and 18 inches long!  We stayed true to Team Green but were convinced for some reason we were having a boy.  Everyone was so surprised!  I was exactly 37 weeks pregnant when Mila arrived.  I felt pressure but no pain at all during delivery.  I didn't tear or have to have an episomity.  I couldn't believe, how for lack of a better term, easy it was.  The 3 months I was on bedrest were hard and Mila was born with 2 clubbed feet, which were discovered at my 20 week u/s, so I guess now the real hard part starts.  We have her in one of the country's best clubbed feet treatment programs and if all goes well by the age of two her treatment will be completely done and according to all of the experts no one, not even she will be able to tell she was born with clubbed feet. 
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: It's a girl

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"