LGBT Parenting

Just curious...

If you're not yet ttc, feel free to answer based on what you think your answer may be...[Poll]

Re: Just curious...

• We avoided entirely. We were super cautious the first few cycles but then we added in progesterone supps and it wasn't even an option after that. S was always really uncomfortable on them.
  • I answered that it didn't happen much - but then remembered the Prometrium - and realized it didn't happen at all. YUCK.

We weren't super cautious at all. We pretty much went with business as usual (eating, drinking, etc.)

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Since you said pre-ttc-ers could answer, I did Smile  I don't see any reason to avoid sex during tww...  I can't imagine it doing anything negative and I'm sure the stress relief will be needed!  It's actually recommended to orgasm right after insemination, as it could help (at least, that applies to ICIs), and I've never heard anything about not having sex after that...  I totally understand why the prometrium users wouldn't be up to getting it on, but otherwise - is there some risk/downside I don't know about?
    Mrs._F
    sahm ~ toddler breastfeeder ~ cloth diaperer ~ baby wearer

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Prometrium hasn't been an issue for me.  My morning one is absorbed or gone by the evening so I just wait until after any possible sex to put it in. I don't think sex can hurt anything but I have read that you should just be cautious with toys and rough sex so as to not hurt the cervix.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • we continue activities as normal, including following the old wives tale re: orgasm following insem (was that TMI? sorry Embarrassed)

But the question arose b/c we were talking with friends last night who had been advised that the uterine contractions accompanying sex may hinder implantation.  Its on our list of question to ask the midwife at our next appointment.

• imagectbride08:

But the question arose b/c we were talking with friends last night who had been advised that the uterine contractions accompanying sex may hinder implantation.  Its on our list of question to ask the midwife at our next appointment.

Woah! Please do let us know what the midwife says!  I'm going to look into that.  Hindering implantation sounds like reason enough to avoid!

Mrs._F
    sahm ~ toddler breastfeeder ~ cloth diaperer ~ baby wearer

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • We avoid entirely* because I read somewhere that uterine contractions can mess with implantation. (So, not much of a concern the day of IUI, but we stop 1dpo just to be safe.) I'd be interested to know what actual RE's/midwives say, because I can't remember where I read it (reliable source or not).

* "Entirely" might be overstating-- we avoid me having an orgasm, but there are plennnnnnnnnnty of things we don't avoid!  Wink

married 03/08/08 -- ttc with PCOS (dx 2005) & DS
    IUI #3 gave us the best 2nd anniv. gift ever: 2 babies! (born 03/09/10)
    Peanut and Little Man are getting so big! 2 years old already!
    finally blogging again at This Will Be: An Adventure
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"