D.C. Area Babies

Baby ss card?

When did you get your lo's ss card? DD is 10 weeks and we still haven't gotten hers...

Re: Baby ss card?

• I think we got our guy's card at around 10 or 11 weeks.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • If I remember correctly is was somewhere in the 10-12 week timeframe.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker TTC #1 Cycle #18 m/c Jan. 9, 2007, chemical pg May 4, 2007, methotrexate shot Oct. 5, 2007--m/c Oct. 9, 2007, IUI Nov. 17, 2007 It worked! beta 11/30 & 12/6 TTC #2 Cycle #5 IUI July 20, 2009 -BFN 8-3-09 Cycle #6 IUI August 17, 2009-BFP! 8-31-09, beta 9-1-09, 9-8-09, saw the H/B 9-22-09 EDD 5-10-10
  • Loading the player...
  • We got Mikey's at around 6 weeks, but I think the initial paperwork said it could take up to four months.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Did you deliver at Sibley? If so, you might be dealing with the same delay we are dealing with right now. Sibley had some sort of 'computer change' (this is the info I got from the birth registrar) and it delayed DC being notified of births. DD was born March 22nd and DC was not notified until June 2nd. DC is then supposed to notify SS.

We learned this all in the wrong order- I got a copy of her BC from DC and tried to get her a SS card in VA (well, DH tried) and now VA has to wait for DC to fill out some form and send it back- this could take 10-12 weeks and then the card will be another 6-10 weeks. Since we are relying on DC to fill out this 'form'- DD might have a SS card by the time she hits kindergarten at the rate we are going.

Sorry so long....                                                                                                                                                                                                          

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Yikes, we had ours in hand at about 3 weeks (delivered at Montgomery General).
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • imagevictoria1212:

Did you deliver at Sibley? If so, you might be dealing with the same delay we are dealing with right now. Sibley had some sort of 'computer change' (this is the info I got from the birth registrar) and it delayed DC being notified of births. DD was born March 22nd and DC was not notified until June 2nd. DC is then supposed to notify SS.

We learned this all in the wrong order- I got a copy of her BC from DC and tried to get her a SS card in VA (well, DH tried) and now VA has to wait for DC to fill out some form and send it back- this could take 10-12 weeks and then the card will be another 6-10 weeks. Since we are relying on DC to fill out this 'form'- DD might have a SS card by the time she hits kindergarten at the rate we are going.

Sorry so long....                                                                                                                                                                                                          

yes i did. crap! so do i need to do anything to follow up with this?

• have you gotten a BC yet?
  • Uh, oh. How long was your BC delayed? We're still waiting for both.
  • I went to pick up DD's (had no idea that DC does not just send you one and you have to pay $23 for each copy) at the beginning of June and it was not in the system. I got directed to the file room of vital records and they did locate it. The whole trip was an adventure.

the mistake we made was taking the DC birth certificate to a Virginia social security office. since she was an 'out of state birth' we then needed to provide an original immunization record to get the paperwork started to send the form to DC to get the SS card because the DC birth certificate was not good enough. Of course, the immunization record from the hospital is a) not original and b) says 'baby girl last name.' More paperwork later, we were told that if we had gone to a DC SS office this would have all been avoided.

Of course, I thought that SS was a federal agency so why should it matter where she was born and last time I checked I am not required to immunize my child. DH was so pissed when he left SS.

• we haven't gotten bc yet either. ughhh! so anyone know who I contact about this? sibley?
  • DC does not just mail you a BC, you have to go pick it up. Once you get down there, they can tell you if it has been filed but they won't tell you over the phone. If it has not been filed, they will send you to the file room and that person will call Sibley and get the information to then send it through the system and send you back to the original office to wait for the copies. It was fun times for me :-)

• We did already order the BC, through Vitalchek, but when we track it in the system, it says that it's with one of the DC offices for processing. And has for a while. I guess we better call. We have some time for insurance, but, assuming it will take a little while to sort it out, we'd better call. Thanks for the info on Sibley's kerfuffle, though.
  • MingoMoll- definitely call Sibley. The problem starts with them and hopefully you can avoid having to go to the office of vital records. If you do end up having to go to the office be sure to block off a lot of time and they only take cash or  check.
  • I think we got DDs around 4 weeks.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"