D.C. Area Babies

I hope everyone is okay.

As well as everyone you know and love. That Metro accident has me shaken to the core. I hate the Metro and will always drive over taking it if I can. What happened yesterday has always been a huge fear for when riding and now to see it happen IRL OMG. I can't imagine that anyone riding with a child, the child would be a projectile. Breaks my heart!

Peace to all those who are free of this earth and love to those they left behind.

Broken Heart

Re: I hope everyone is okay.

• I was just popping on here to say the same thing - thinking of everyone there.  I love taking the metro but I cant imagine how horrifying that would have been to be in that crash!
  • ditto the pp, I think that DC's metro is great (when it works)--public transportation in general is something I'm a big fan of. But this is incredibly scary....my heart goes out to anyone affected by this horrible accident.
  • Loading the player...
  • It's been hard to watch the news coverage.  Then again, since becoming a mom, I can't watch anything tragic on the news.  This really shook me up because of course I think to myself, how many of those folks were just like me - riding the metro in the evening after work looking forward to spending time with my kids?  Ugh.
    Wife, Musician, Fed, WW-er, and Mom of three little kids - not necessarily in that order.
  • imageJARbaby:

Peace to all those who are free of this earth and love to those they left behind.

And ditto this.  Sad

Wife, Musician, Fed, WW-er, and Mom of three little kids - not necessarily in that order.
  • I couldn't even watch it ....I just cried and cried...so sad and scarey!

• imageArtslvr:
    It's been hard to watch the news coverage.  Then again, since becoming a mom, I can't watch anything tragic on the news.  This really shook me up because of course I think to myself, how many of those folks were just like me - riding the metro in the evening after work looking forward to spending time with my kids?  Ugh.

Ditto this. 

Public transportation including school buses should have seat belts.  I know it wouldn';t save everyone but people as well as kids become projectiles in crashes like this.  Would anyone have been saved by restraints?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"