D.C. Area Babies
Options

Which baby carrier????

Hi

I am a first timer due in October. ?Which baby carrier is better; Baby Bjorn or Ergo? ?Or is there something else more wonderful all together?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Which baby carrier????

• Options

ERGO, ERGO, ERGO, ERGO!  I can't say it enough!!!

• Options

Actually, I would say both! The Ergo is a godsend. It was the only thing my DD would even sleep in and still really needs the infant insert wrapped around her (minus the carrier!) to fall asleep for naps. I used it all the time from the first weeks until recently. Now she's in between the use of the insert and being big enough to face in, so we haven't used it in a little bit but I'm sure it will become as indispensable again in a few weeks.

I also love the Bjorn. It's easy to put on, get her in and out, and she falls asleep in it happily. However, it only works for me and not my bigger and taller DH - it hits him in the wrong place in the back.

If forced to choose, I would easily pick the Ergo, but have found the Bjorn really handy too.?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Everyone loves the ERGO.  I don't have one, but I wish I had gotten one.  Then only advantage to the Bjorn is that baby can face forward when being worn in front. 
  • Options
    Hands down the Ergo!  Also, I'd get a Moby wrap too, it's great for napping and they can face out and it doesn't kill your back like the Bjorn.
  • Options
    I'm another huge fan of the Ergo!  Love it! Make sure you get the infant insert as well.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

I think it depends a lot on you.  I'm sorry, that's probably not what you wanted to hear.  :) 

I bought the moby wrap and a friend had the bjorn.  We both were in extreeeeeeme hate with our carriers, so we traded.  I adored the bjorn, and would still use it if I wasn't afraid my baby would break my back.  My hubz and I would argue over who got to wear the baby when we went out.  And my friend thinks the moby is the best thing ever.

• Options
    We used the Bjorn when she was little.  She's now 20lbs and too big for the Bjorn so I'm going to get an Ergo because it goes up to 40lbs.  If you think you'll want to use it when she's bigger and only want to get one, I'd get the Ergo.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"