2nd Trimester

Eyebrow threading?

Has anyone done it?  I was thinking about going but wanted some info first.  Does it hurt?  I feel like waxing hurts SO MUCH more while pregnant. 

TIA!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Eyebrow threading?

• WTH is this? I've never heard of it but it sounds painful!
    imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I have it done every two weeks if not once a month...I don't really think its painful..I have had it done so much now that I almost find it relaxing, it may be something that you consider painful the first time, but you aren't used to it. I prefer it over plucking, and waxing...HTH
  • Loading the player...
  • I get my eyebrows threaded!!! I love it!! It takes literally 3 minutes to do and the results are very very clean.?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIeHYNt-rl4

Watch this video? it is pretty amazing. This is very similarto my experience. It is a little painful, but not nearly as painful as waxingand doesn?t leave my eyebrows red after getting it done. I go every 3 weeks.

?

• I love the way it looks. The line comes out so clean. But, I have to say it HURTS. I get brazilian bikini waxes monthly and I don't think they hurt at all. To me...eyebrow threading hurts more. I still do it though :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker image image
  • one of my friends swears by threading. I have a girl who waxes my brows and she is awesome. She also is booked months in advance! But I tip her well, always show up on time, and she will always fit me in. If you find a reputable place to do the threading you should try it. If you are used to tweezing you should be fine
  • I had it done once (in Indonesia) and it HURT. It hurt BAD. I've heard others say that it's tolerable, but to me, it was much worse than waxing. yeah, it was quicker and doesn't leave you with remaining bits of goo....but man, just thinking about the experience makes my eyes water!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thanks ladies!  I watched some videos on You Tube and it looks quite interesting.  I think I am going to try it albeit the "pain warnings".  I hate plucking because I think it is the worst hair removal pain.  Waxing has been pretty painful lately, but also my skin has become so sensitive that the wax makes my skin so raw and it breaks out.  Hopefully threading will work out for me Smile
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I got mine threaded a few weeks ago, and I liked it far more than waxing. I usually get really red and irritated after waxing, and not even just for that day, it lasts a few days. With threading, I didn't have any redness at all. And my eyebrows are still in pretty good shape (I try to stay on top of them and keep the strays plucked though!). And, I think it hurt less than waxing- it still hurts though, don't get me wrong! So I vote go for it.
  • I get mine threaded and I wouldn't ever do it any other way!  I takes 6 minutes total or less and I'm never red and my eyebrows are so clean for at least 2 weeks.  I did notice that after I got pregnant it hurt a little more than before, my eyes water now and I hardly felt it before.  Definitely do it, you won't ever go back to waxing!!  
  • I get mine threaded and I would never do it any other way!  I takes 6 minutes total or less, I'm never red and my eyebrows are so clean for at least 2 weeks.  I did notice that after I got pregnant it hurt a little more than before - my eyes water now when I hardly felt it before.  Definitely do it, you will never go back to waxing!!  
  • I've had mine threaded before and I love it. It doesn't hurt as much as waxing and their shaping is amazing. I highly recommend it!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"