Birth Stories
Options

Our Baby Girl's Birth Story (PIP)

I thought I was going to be pregnant forever, since at 40 weeks I was barely 2 cm and hadn't had any contractions, but Wednesday the 20th I woke up and had slight cramps. I went to work and had a normal day, but around 10pm DH and I started timing contractions. They were anywhere from 4 to 20 minutes apart though, and I was convinced nothing was happening. DH finished packing up our hospital bag anyway and we went to bed still timing contractions. At 11pm they started getting more regular and I was suddenly in incredible pain so we called the hospital and left shortly after midnight. I never did have pain in my back, but I couldn't believe the pain I was in. We got to the hospital at about 12:30am and I almost cried from disappointment when they told me I was only at 3 cm. My goal was to be at 5 cm before getting an epidural, but I can't begin to describe the pain I had at just 3cm, so I had the epi at 1:35am and life was beautiful. By 6am I was at 10 cm, but they let me labor down until 7 when I started pushing. I think that probably really helped, but it felt like I was pushing forever since she got a little stuck behind the pubic bone. Three and a half hours later, at 10:39am the most beautiful little girl in the world was born. Kennedy Jo was 7lbs, 14oz, and 21 inches long. She's healthy, though we're keeping an eye on the jaundice.

I always loved reading birth stories and couldn't wait for the day when I could write Kennedy's! Big Smile Motherhood is fantastic and I'm so in love with her. Breastfeeding was little tricky, but my milk finally came in and now I think we're good to go. Good luck, all of you mommies to be! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Our Baby Girl's Birth Story (PIP)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"