Detroit Babies

Over 30 and expecting your first?

Hi all -

I am starting to feel like an old hag :) I am 35 and am expecting our first little one in December. Anyone else in the same boat? 

Best,

Holly

Re: Over 30 and expecting your first?

• I'm only 30, and I am sorry you are feeling this way. Have you checked out the 35 and older board ?
  • I'll be 32 In December and our first LO is due to arrive in August:)  Don't feel old, just think of all the fun you got to have before you had kids!  I think having your first in your 30's is super common, at least among most people I know. 

• Loading the player...
  • Hi Roxy -

Thanks for the info. Where is that board?

Best,

Holly

• Thanks, jsmo! I agree - we did have a lot of fun before :) We are due in Dec so still quite early and can't wait not to have morning sickness anymore! LOL!

-h

• imagewallymoto1:

Hi Roxy -

Thanks for the info. Where is that board?

Best,

Holly

Click on boards and scroll down to Pregnant after 35
  • Don't feel alone!  :)  I'm 37 and will be 38 when the baby is born.  Roxy was right.  There are plenty of us on the 35 and older board.   If you ever want to chat, contact me on this (Detroit) board.

Lisa

• I'm 39 and just had my first on sunday june 14th.  the 35 and over board is great.  I do not feel old.  A lot of my friends have had their first over 35.
    image Sandy RIP 1-11-09 imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I think having kids in your early-mid 20's is not the norm anymore, many of us are over 30 having 1st time pregnancies.  I was 33 when I had my daughter, and I want 2 more (I'll be 35 in Sept.).  I don't feel old, don't think I look it, and could care less what people think.  I didn't get married until I was 30 and that's just how life happened for me.  I even see many of my high school classmates having babies now too. Also, look at Hollywood, many of those actors had babies well into their 30's. 

For me, it's great cuz all the time I was single I saved money and now we can actually afford some more things for our DD than if she was born 10 years ago.

Anyway, don't worry about age, just enjoy being pregnant and looking forward to meeting your little one in December. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"