Babies: 9 - 12 Months

who can't stand Carters?

I think it's just me but I really can't stand Carters clothes. I am just really sick of all the sayings..."my aunti loves me", "mommy's cutie" etc. Plus the styles are just cheesy to me. Am my crazy or does anyone agree?

I don't know what to do with all the stuff I keep getting - I think I'll donate it. (I am very thankful for the nice gestures though - honestly)

Re: who can't stand Carters?

• I dont' like ANY clothes w/ the cute sayings on them.  Carters does have stuff w/ o sayins on it and I like those clothes.
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    DS dx with celiac disease 5/28/10

• I am not a fan of cute sayings but I do like some carter's stuff.  The pajamas are great and they make so really cute bubbles for DD.
  • Loading the player...
  • My sister lent me all of my niece's clothing, and it is all five or six years old, a good majority Carter's. I love their older style, but the new stuff is NMS. I do like their pajamas, as long as there aren't any stupid sayings on them.
  • I don't mind them for really little babies, but I mostly buy clothes that look a little older now. The quality of the clothes is really great though which is hard to find for such bargain prices.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I like them because they are cheap so I don't care if they get ruined. I agree the sayings are annoying.
    Marissa Marie 9/27/08
    Caleb Wolfgang 12/6/12
    Baby #3 Due Date: ? TBD at ultrasound on 10/30
  • I generally don't like clothes with phrases either, but Carters has tons of stuff that doesn't have phrases, and I love that stuff.

DS lives in their sleepers, rompers, graphic onesies and t-shirts. I love that all of their stuff is really soft and comfort oriented. I do wish they had more t-shirts available. It seems like 90% of their tops are onesies.

Carters is cheap? Are you people outfitting your kids in exclusively baby gap and gymboree? lol

• I don't really buy the stuff with saying on it but the clothes are great (I love the price) for daycare and the sleepers are great too!
  • Once in awhile they will have something cute, but it's really a shot in the dark. I have a few dresses that I like that are pretty plain.
  • I love Carter's. Do you have a girl? The boy stuff isn't as cutesy, mostly saying like "big fish" or "my hero."
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    DD #1 passed away in January 2011 at 14 days old due to congenital heart disease
    DD#2 lost in January 2012 at 23 weeks due to anhydramnios caused by a placental abruption
  • I think the sayings are lame too. I only put him in their sleepers and their plain cotton pants.
  • some of the sayings are a little much, but I think they're better than a lot of the other boy stuff that is out there. I love their sleepers. The onesies are great for daycare.

I don't think they're cheap, more like midpriced. I only buy gymboree on good sales or clearance.

• I like their stuff.  I only buy stuff without the cute sayings on it.  All the cute saying stuff I have was bought by others (mainly my mom, she loves that stuff). 

i have always found good stuff there for Colin.  I mostly shop there and Children's Place. 

• I also can't stand the sayings.  In general I don't like any writing on baby clothes. Major pet peeve. But their stuff without writing can be cute and I go to an outlet that's super cheap.
  • I like Carters- their clothes fit Lily really well. ?

We haven't bought much because we got a ton of gifts and hand-me-downs. ?I use them. ?She's a baby, not a fashion model. ?I don't really care if she has a "style" or not. ?

Lilypie - (ZESJ)Lilypie - (QAi1)

• I am heading to the outlet today with two $10 check and a 20% off coupon, the only thing I can think of off the top of my head that has big sayings are the onesies and some of the sleepers.  Today DD has on a tank top and shorts, the shorts have a little tag sewn on the leg (1 x 1/4") that says something about flowers blooming.....are you also talking about things like that?  IMO they have a ton of stuff without huge obvious sayings or nothing at all, they quality of their clothes is great!
    IMG_6388
    Kylie 10/21/08
    Twin Ectopic - lost left tube 12/29/10
    Surprise BFP EDD 8/21/13
  • The only thing of Carter's I put on DD are their plain white onesies to sleep in and not even every night. I can't stand their clothes and have either returned or sold anything that she was ever given from them.

?I'm in the minority though because I also don't shop at Gymboree, ON, TCP and such unless I really just have to although if DD is given something from those stores I'm more willing to keep it.?

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • No, the little words and stuff don't bother me. It's just the huge statements...I'm sure the plain stuff is fine. I honestly haven't been to an actual Carters store so I am subject only to what others buy and most of that tends to be the cutesy sayings...I'll have to check out the simpler stuff in person...
  • imageagmaso:

The only thing of Carter's I put on DD are their plain white onesies to sleep in and not even every night. I can't stand their clothes and have either returned or sold anything that she was ever given from them.

I'm in the minority though because I also don't shop at Gymboree, ON, TCP and such unless I really just have to although if DD is given something from those stores I'm more willing to keep it. 

What brands does she wear? I'm genuinely curious because you just named nearly everything I know of that is available, except baby Gap! lol Sinc Wal-mart and Target mostly sell spin offs of Carters I can't think of anywhere else to shop.

• imagepinksweetpea2:

I like Carters- their clothes fit Lily really well.  

We haven't bought much because we got a ton of gifts and hand-me-downs.  I use them.  She's a baby, not a fashion model.  I don't really care if she has a "style" or not.  

I'm with you - I'm not looking for a supermodel either...I just am not into DD constantly having to make statements about how much she loves this or that through her clothes. I am all about the hand me downs!

• imageStellasmom:
    imageagmaso:

The only thing of Carter's I put on DD are their plain white onesies to sleep in and not even every night. I can't stand their clothes and have either returned or sold anything that she was ever given from them.

I'm in the minority though because I also don't shop at Gymboree, ON, TCP and such unless I really just have to although if DD is given something from those stores I'm more willing to keep it. 

What brands does she wear? I'm genuinely curious because you just named nearly everything I know of that is available, except baby Gap! lol Sinc Wal-mart and Target mostly sell spin offs of Carters I can't think of anywhere else to shop.

I'm curious too!

• I love Carter's! I go to the outlet all the time. My DS is long and lean and their clothes fit him well (especially the onsies).  I love that they have a lot of stuff that looks like little boys clothes, overall,striped shirts, and I love that they have a lot of bold colors like deep blue, green, etc.  Most people say he looks like a little man in his clothes not a baby.  I find Gymboree to not have as great of a selection for boys.  Maybe the selection varies place to place?
    Praying this little one sticks!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers          Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • TBH that stuff doesn't bother me on a baby. But I hate how EVERYTHING at Carter's in my 3-yo's size says something about sports or being Daddy's little buddy. I have started shopping more at Target, Gymboree, Baby Gap and Children's Place for him because those stores carry more "plain" items.
  • Most of DD's clothes are Carter's and none of them have sayings.  I really like their pajamas.  Plus, their stuff seems to wash really well which is why I'm always tempted to buy it.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Really?  Gosh we have a TON of carter's, little boy summer stuff, I love it.  Now this stuff doesn't really have a lot of sayings - we have a ton of rompers (sleeveless and some with sleeves/polo style collars) - there are lots of gators, monkeys and crabs I guess - I still like it though - it's cotton and comfy - my two top priorities! 
    Wheee!

"When it comes to sleeping, whatever your baby does is normal. If one thing has damaged parents enjoyment of their babies, it's rigid expectations about how and when the baby should sleep." ~ James McKenna, Ph.D., Mother Baby Behavioral Sleep Center, University of Notre Dame

• I like all their clothes except the ones with cutesy sayings emblazoned all over them.  I never buy those for Ian but got several as gifts.  I just sent them to daycare as the "extra" clothes and had the regular ones in the everyday rotation.
    "If I'm goin' down, I'm goin' down loud." -John Evans Tweet me
  • I love Carters stuff for the baby. I don't buy the stuff with the sayings either, but my Carter's has TONS of other stuff to choose from.

They are also SUPER CHEAP! At our Carters store there is ALWAYS some kind of sale going on -- right now it's the Super Summer Sale, $3.99 and up with a coupon for $10 off $35. You can't beat that -- even buyin the spin off stuff @ Target is more expensive.

I never buy Carter's in other stores like BRU, Kohls, JC Penny -- they are waaaaay to expensive.

Just wait until your LOs are older... I'm having a bltch of a time trying to find clothes for my 3.5 y/o DD that aren't too baby-ish but don't make her look like a prosti-tot either, lol.

• I only buy carters for pajamas (and even then I prefer Gap!)

I cant stand all the carters crap, but deal with it for gifts

2vc9jsg.jpg

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • imageshiv165:
    imageStellasmom:
    imageagmaso:

?I'm in the minority though because I also don't shop at Gymboree, ON, TCP and such unless I really just have to although if DD is given something from those stores I'm more willing to keep it.?

What brands does she wear? I'm genuinely curious because you just named nearly everything I know of that is available, except baby Gap! lol Sinc Wal-mart and Target?mostly sell spin offs of Carters I can't think of anywhere else to shop.

?

I'm curious too!

I like more unique outfits from brands like Me Too, Absorba or the European ones like Catimini, Deux per Deux and I would honestly have to go check her tags because she has tons of clothes that really aren't a ? known ?"brand" and are just sold at smaller boutiques.

You can find them at stores like Nordstroom Rack... I get tons of cute pieces there. TJMaxx and such carries a lot of Abosrba outfits. They are super soft cotton.

As I mentioned, I also shop at smaller boutique type stores and I know most think that's expensive but if you shop their sales you pay less then you would at the Gap or Gymboree and you get something that isn't part of a "collection" (I hate themed clothing) and also a great quality.

Many larger malls have shops that have cute and cheap clothing like Nartjeje (sp?)... H&M baby clothes are adorable as well... I got DD a bunch of their shirts a while back but she already outgrew them and there's none around here :(.

We live in Green Bay and the shopping here isn't the greatest except your typical mall stores but we travel quite a bit to Atlanta and Seattle so I tend to stock up there.?

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Oh, and half her wardrobe is hand-me-downs which is how I got hooked on all those clothes :(
  • imageklink11:
    I like them because they are cheap so I don't care if they get ruined. I agree the sayings are annoying.

ITA agree.  Especially since dd is in daycare.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"