2nd Trimester

MIL just smacked my dog

And I'm pissed!!  She comes over to watch DS on Fridays and she actually hit my dog loud enough that I could hear it in the other room and right in front of DS - when I went into the kitchen he just looked stunned! 

WTF - I'm so tired of her... and she's already walking around the house pointing out things that are in DS's way.... screw you - your son was gone all week and I was on my own and did the best that I can. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: MIL just smacked my dog

• Indifferent WOW!Don't ya just love MIL? (kidding)
  • If MIL hit my dogs I would send her on her way and just take a sick day.  I would be furious.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • WOW!  so sorry you are having to deal with her today...
  • This makes my blood boil! I would be screaming at her not to touch my dog again... I have yelled at DH's friends before... please tell me you said something to her.
  • What did the dog do?  My MIL lets my dog jump on her and gives her treats; I'd much rather she smack her when she does that.
  • I would be very, very irritated. Pets should never be hit!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    http://i41.tinypic.com/111ov4j.jpg
    2007-Sept 2008: TTC the old fashioned way
    Sept 2008 - Jan 2009: Clomid 100mg
    Feb 2009: 200mg Clomid = BFP! on March 20, 2009 - It's a BOY!
    Nov 26th 2009: Aidan Michael, 20.5" 7lb12oz
    Feb 2010: Start TTC again, the old fashioned way
    Mar - June 2011: Clomid 100mg
    July 2011: Unmedicated cycle = BFP! on August 29th, 2011
    Nov 6th 2011: m/c due to subchorionic hematoma
    Dec 2011: Start TTC again, unmedicated
    February 12th, 2012: BFP! EDD 10/23/12
    Mar 12th 2012: diagnosed as blighted ovum
    Trying again..
  • Oh HELL NO.

My little sister hit Tuck in front of me one time.  Like, hauled off & hit her -- not just a smack.  I ripped into her so fast that she's probably still nursing 5 assholes.

I don't know where she got it from -- my parents don't hit their dogs.

• Yeah - I told her to please not hit the dog.  Summer (dog) just had put her feet up on the counter - not a good habit but she just gets excited when people come over and calms down in a minute.  Still no reason to hit her!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My dogs are my life!! I would KILL my MIL if she ever hit my dog, even a little hit. Literally. I would maim and kill.
  • imagechasbride07:
    Yeah - I told her to please not hit the dog.  Summer (dog) just had put her feet up on the counter - not a good habit but she just gets excited when people come over and calms down in a minute.  Still no reason to hit her!

damn.  Tuck does that too, but a push & a stern "no" is just as effective.

• nealblnealbl member
    OMG! My roommate his my dog once because his dog wouldn't leave mine alone and mine finally barked at it. He hit him so hard that my dog yelped out in pain. It takes alot to hurt my dog. I came running out into the living room and my dog was hiding and my roomate just looked at me. I told him to sleep with one eye open and if he hit my dog again I would knock his A$$ out. I would have been so pissed at MIL.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Oh hel no, no one touches my dog!!  I would have flipped!
  • !!! Indifferent !!! Oh HECK NO! Poor Doggie! You have every right to say something to the affect of "In my house, we don 't hit our pets...especially not infront of DS." I guess she wanted to show "dominance" and be the alpha biotch or something. What area of Charleston do you live in? We are West of the Ashely. =)
  • I'm pissed too!  How dare she?

My Tina (dog) was my first "baby".  DH and I jokingly tell her she's going to have to babysit her "little brother" soon.

I'm glad you said something to her - that's ridiculous.  I don't think my MIL would ever dare to hit Tina.  I can tell she doesn't like her (not her specifically but dogs in general) but she knows better.  After all I say nothing when her cats get all over my stuff (and me) when we're visiting and I'm allergic to them!

I'm guessing Summer's housebroken or I'd encourage her to leave a "surprise" for MIL in one of her shoes or something.  Tina used to do that all the time when she was mad at us when she was a puppy.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

• YayMomYayMom member
    Uh...no. I would not have put up with that. To me, that's the equivalent of her spanking your child, which wouldn't fly with me either.
  • imagechasbride07:
    Yeah - I told her to please not hit the dog.  Summer (dog) just had put her feet up on the counter - not a good habit but she just gets excited when people come over and calms down in a minute.  Still no reason to hit her!

My pup gets excited and jumps on top of the counter, all fours.  I'd hate to see what your MIL would do about that.

Hitting my dog, for any reason, would be like spanking my child.  Unacceptable.  I'd go off the deep, dark end on someone regardless of who they are.

• I think I would have punch MIL in the face.  And she's 75 years old. 
  • My MIL did the same thing about a month ago and it infuriated me.  Sorry you DONT USE DEODERANT but my dog thinking you smell interesting is hardly her fault!  Frickin hippie...don't smack my dog just for doing what dogs do and sniffing you!

How rude! 

accordingtoabby.com" "From of suffering emerges the strongest souls. The most massive characters are seared with scars." Kahlil Gibran
  • My dog gets butt taps every once in awhile, but only when he is purposefully disobedient, not for getting excited. And DH and I are the only ones allowed to do this.

The only time MIL hitting (and by hitting I mean a small butt tap) the dog would be okay, IMO, is if the she was the only one with the baby and the dog did something to put the baby in danger, or broke one of the rules he knows (ie. taking baby's food, or getting on the furniture).

• Oh hell no. She better not just up and smack your kid, either.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"