Philadelphia Babies

Dr Recs - Abington

I want to deliver at Abington, does anyone have any dr recs?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Dr Recs - Abington

• NR722NR722 member
    i use Abington Primary Women's healthcare group, they delivered my DD and will deliver this baby too.  i don't have any issues with them at all.
  • Abington OBGYN Associates. We just switched and so far they are great!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I am using Women's Health Care Group.  So far so good.
  • I started out at Abington OB/Gyn but had some bad experiences especially with one doctor in particular so at 20 weeks switched to Abington Primary Women's Healthcare. I love love love Dr. Murphy and Dr. Petty and the other doctors are good for the mostpart as well. I was delivered by Dr.Bartlett and he was okay but not my favorite. The main problem I have with both of these practices is lack of personal attention. I feel like I am just a number and it is hard to really get to know a doctor or them to get to know you, as you are being seen my different docs at each appt etc. Although from what I have heard this is very common around here. I moved from Texas and group practices are not like that, I think with the doctor shortage it is just to be expected in PA. In any case that has been my experience, HTH!
  • My OB/GYN group is called Womencare.  Here is the link to their site.

https://www.wcobgyn.net/

• The docs are all great.  All women too...in case that is something you are interested in, like I was.
  • I go to Women's Healthcare Group.  They have an office reeeally close to my house in Bucks County even thought they're affiliated with Abington.  Plus, I like the Dr's.
  • imagekristinlee:
    I started out at Abington OB/Gyn but had some bad experiences especially with one doctor in particular so at 20 weeks switched to Abington Primary Women's Healthcare. I love love love Dr. Murphy and Dr. Petty and the other doctors are good for the mostpart as well. I was delivered by Dr.Bartlett and he was okay but not my favorite. The main problem I have with both of these practices is lack of personal attention. I feel like I am just a number and it is hard to really get to know a doctor or them to get to know you, as you are being seen my different docs at each appt etc.

ditto.  Drs. Murphy, Ruiz & Petty were my favorite too and I loved the nurse practitioners as well.  I was also delivered by Dr. Bartlett and he was just okay IMO.

• imageNR722:
    i use Abington Primary Women's healthcare group, they delivered my DD and will deliver this baby too.  i don't have any issues with them at all.

same here! Dr. Murphy is the best!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm glad to see some good feedbakc on Abington Primary Womens Healthcare.

A friend works there and I'm going to be transfereing there. I didn't  know much about them but at least they are getting good reviews. She also suggested Dr. Michaels, Ruiz, Murphy & Petty, and thats coming from an employee!

• imageMsTammy:

I'm glad to see some good feedbakc on Abington Primary Womens Healthcare.

A friend works there and I'm going to be transfereing there. I didn't  know much about them but at least they are getting good reviews. She also suggested Dr. Michaels, Ruiz, Murphy & Petty, and thats coming from an employee!

I never met Dr. Murphy until the day I delivered. He was so popular I could never get an appointment with him to fit with my schedule (I heard about him on the reviews here when I was just TTC). I can't really complain about that because from what I've heard a lot of ob/gyn practices want you to see a bunch of different doctors over the course of your pregnancy. But if you can somehow get to see Dr. Murphy then do it and hope that you will get lucky enough to go into labor when he's on duty!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • i also use womencare obgyn on blair mill rd,  i have been going there for over 10 years.  They are fantastic.  I am currently seeing an RE that is also part of Abington.  They are great too.
  • I echo the recommendation of Abington Primary, and Dr. Murphy, as well as Dr. Keen. I've seen Dr. Murphy with both of my pregnancies (though he didn't deliver either of my boys) and with my youngest I mainly saw Dr. Murphy along with Dr. Keen- she was the one who delivered my youngest.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"