Stay at Home Moms

POLL: **IF** your child watches TV/Videos

Which are your favorite and which do you just despise?

eclaire 9.10.06  diggy 6.2.11

Re: POLL: **IF** your child watches TV/Videos

• We both really like "Imagination Movers" and "Olivia" right now.  A few months ago she was obsessed with "Oswald" and "Miss Spider".

I can't stand "Sponge Bob Square Pants" and we rarely watch anything on Nickelodeon but Emily managed to change the channel and I heard it from another room.  

eclaire 9.10.06  diggy 6.2.11

• we aren't there yet with TV. she doesn't have the attention span for TV or videos. I tried a couple of times to see if there was any interest. there wasn't- so we really don't do TV- however i am interested in reading the responses.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • LOL - I love SpongeBob, and The Imagination Movers annoy the heck out of me!
  • I love Spongebob!  Squidward is hilarious, I love his sarcasm :)

DH and I love Avatar, too.  We watch it more than DS does.  I also like Danny Phantom, iCarly, Drake and Josh....

Toddler shows favorites were/are - Blue's Clues (when Steve was on.  Joe sucks), Sesame Street, Bob the Builder, Little Bear.

I can't stand Little Einsteins or pretty much anything on the Disney channel.  Backyardians and Wonder Pets is annoying.  And Pokemon and Bakugans get on my freakin nerves. 

Wow.  We watch a lot of tv around here  Embarrassed

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I love Yo Gabba Gabba and Wow Wow Wubsy. They crack me up. Esp the episode of Yo Gabba Gabba where Jack Black is on. Hilarious!!

• If I need to get something done and DD just doesn't want to be put down I'll sometimes put her in the swing in front of the TV. She really seems to like Price is Right cause of the colors and the bings and sounds they do. =)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • DS has only watched Curious George and Sesame Street so far, and we like them both!
  • Yo Gabba Gabba is our fave; I even find myself singing songs out of nowhere.  She likes Sesame Street but only when there are songs on.  Curious George is okay, and she's fine with some of the Baby Einstein stuff.  She doesn't like Backyardigans which is fine by me because I thought it was lame.  I've got Jacks Big Music Show recorded but we haven't watched it yet.  

She also likes the Daily Show and laughs when the audience laughs.  CUTE! 

• The only show I really can't stand is Ni Hao Ki Lan. The little songs they sing are so ridiculous. For example: "When you feel upset, just calm down." Well noshit, Sherlock! Thanks for the education! But DS#1 (4 years) loves that show. I mean, he's over the moon for it. I don't see the appeal, but whatever.
  • DD loves Barney & Elmo, and watches Jack's Big Music Show & Blue's Clues some. I like all of them, Jack's is my favorite.

I don't care too much for Yo Gabba Gabba, but will turn it on some for DD, though she won't really watch it either. It is SOOOOO weird!

I can't stand Spongebob, or really any Nickelodeon, and will not let DD watch it at all.

• The only thing that really holds Eva's attention is Sesame Street but we also watch Sid the Science Kid because I think its adorable and it's on when I have to give Eva her morning nebulizer treatment so it serves as a distraction.

I can't stand Super Readers- we watched it in the hospital and it just goes against everything I have spent years learning about early literacy and learning to read.?

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • She used to love Jack's Big Music Show (Noggin) but since that's been cancelled we've found, and fallen in love with Blue's Clues.  

She also watches Yo Gabba Gabba (or "ya-ya" as she calls it).

We don't really watch anything else so I can't say I despise any of them. But last week when I had a migraine and let the tv be the babysitter for the day I wasn't impressed with Wow Wow Wubzy or Max & Ruby. Both sounded like constant whining to me.   

• we all love sesame street- can't go wrong there IMO.

We also love Mr Rogers, which comes on at 3 everyday. I get a kick out of watching it with him since I remember the episodes myself.

He likes the theme song to The Big Comfy Couch, but that song drives me INSANE! Barney also drives me nuts but he loves the songs.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • We watch Noggin...whatever happens to be on at the time.  Wubzy & Kailan are his faves, so I guess they're mine too! LOL  Yo Gabba Gabba used to wierd me out, but it's grown on me.

The only show I really hate is Lazy Town on Disney, but we hardly ever watch Disney anyway.

• I really only let DS watch My Friends Tigger and Pooh on Disney channel. He LOVES IT! And EACH TIME when he hears Ooh and Aah come on, he immediately turns his head! I mainly just DVR it so he doesn't watch anything else, and has no interest in anything else for that matter. I HATE Nickelodeon so he doesn't watch that.
  • I can't stand the Imaginatin Movers!  DH likes it though.

I love the Backyardigans.  They are so cute! 

• DS's absolute favorite is the movie Cars which I can now quote. It is a decent movie but after months of watching it at least once a day it can get annoying. He also likes Handy Manny, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Diego and the Backyardigans which are all okay with me. Neither of us really like Wow Wow Wubbzy or Yo Gabba Gabba.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Gloria loves "Veggietales," "Jack's Big Music Show," and "Kipper." (She watches about 1 hour a day, so we rotate shows).  I can't stand "Spongebob," "Yo Gabba Gabba," or "Fifi and the Flowertots"
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers >Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickersLilypie Breastfeeding tickers
  • Christopher watches whatever cartoons happen to be on either Disney or Noggin. He loves them all I think!

I hate Ni Hao Ki Lan! He has started to speak some kind of gibberish and for the longest time I couldn't figure out what he was saying or why this kind of talk came on suddenly. I finally figured out that he's speaking Chinese or whatever it is she speaks, when I heard him talking his little 'language' while watching that show. Its annoying since I'll ask him a simple 'yes' or 'no' question and will get some wierd response in return.

• DS loves anything on Playhouse Disney (Tigger and Pooh, Mickey Mouse, Handy Manny, Imagination Movers, or Little Einsteins) and also some stuff on Noggin.  He usually watches a little tv in the morning so I can finish getting ready, so whatever is on Disney at that time.

I cannot stand Nickelodeon, and I do not allow him to watch it (esp Sponge Bob).  I also am not a fan of Yo Gabba Gabba (no real reason, I just think its stupid), and also Max and Ruby (I think Ruby is so bossy and annoying).

• DS really only watches VeggieTales and Tigger and Pooh. He also really likes to watch Sunrise Earth, which I record for us..it's so peaceful and has beautiful nature scenes with sunrises, so how can you go wrong? He loves to talk about the animals and trees, flowers, etc..He calls it "pwetty" as in "watch pwetty mommy!" when he wants to watch it..hehee...Oh and when it's on he loves to watch the singing on American Idol.

I can't stand *most* cartoons or kids shoes..they drive me crazy! Especially SpongeBob. Even Sesame Street bugs me. Anyway, I try to limit his tv/videos to one hour a day. If he's sick though, or I'm sick..ugh..it gets ugly

• We don't watch any that I despise - I control the remote. :)

Right now, DD likes, in this order:

Mickey Mouse Clubhouse

Dora the Explorer

Go Diego Go

and will tolerate:

Little Einsteins

My Friends Tigger and Pooh

Handy Manny

Teletubbies

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagecp760:

I love Yo Gabba Gabba and Wow Wow Wubsy. They crack me up. Esp the episode of Yo Gabba Gabba where Jack Black is on. Hilarious!!

it's on dvd now.. found it at target.  dh was so excited... yep, that's right, dH

• we rotate which morning show they watch between Imagination Movers, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Tigger and Pooh, Handy Manny, Super Why, Word World, Seseme St.  I cannot watch the same thing every day.  especially with how often they show the SAME shows over and over. 

in the evenings, sometimes they watch yo gaba gaba or wowwow wubsy while I cook.  

Yo gaba gaba and wow wow wubsy are a tad annoying. I won't even turn on barney.. ugh... we've accidentally left the tv on after sesame street... the kids and I were doing something else and didn't watch the end... and then barney came on.. ugh... I cannot stand teletubbies or thomas either. ds would probably like thomas.. but it annoys me for some reason.  

• Her favorite seems to be the Moose A Moose character on Noggin. And Chica from the Sprout morning show. She also seems to like Yo Gabba Gabba, Sesame Street, and Barney. I love The Wonder Pets! We both like Wow Wow Wubbzy.

Oh, and Jack's Big Music Show. It comes on in the middle of the night...

I hate spongebob with a passion. We don't watch that.

imageimageLilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • I love the **IF**.  How many of us said we'd never let our children watch TV until they were at least 2?

Anyway, DD's favorites are her Baby Signs video and Sing Along Songs Disneyland Fun (the DVD also has a French version filmed at then EuroDisney).  She gets very excited at these videos, doing the signs and dancing along with the characters.  She enjoyed Mickey Mouse Clubhouse for awhile, but once she stopped watching the full episodes we'd just pull up the songs on You Tube, including the ones in foreign languages (can't understand why the Dutch had to go and change Daisy's name). 

• DS only watches Handy Manny (because I like it too).

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"