Special Needs
Options

New here and a ?

Hi Ladies! ?I am the mommy of a sweet little (almost) 18 month old girl, Eva, who was recently diagnosed with asthma/reactive airway disease. ?We have spent two weeks out of the last month in the hospital as her attacks are fast and she does not recover well even with intensive treatment. ?We get to see a pediatric pulmonologist next month with hopes of finding out what is triggering her attacks and why it takes her so long to bounce back. ?Until then she is on two oral meds and twice daily nebulizer treatments.

My question is how do you find babysitters that you feel comfortable leaving your sn child with? ?I am nervous about having someone else have to give her a nebulizer treatment (somedays she takes them great, other days you would think we were stabbing her with hot pokers!) plus I am terrified she will have an attack when I'm not there. ?Is this just something I will get more comfortable with over time? ? DH wants to go out to dinner with friends of ours who recently got engaged but I am a nervous wreck about leaving her with a sitter and we don't have any family in town.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Re: New here and a ?

• Options

Maybe it would be a good idea to have a babysitter over a few times while you are around. Even show them and have them do one of the nebulizer treatments while you are there. As far as finding someone, ask friends and neighboors if they know anyone that is good. Have you thought about asking another parent to babysit? Just a thought.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"