Dallas-Fort Worth Babies
Options

Hospital Must Haves

So, I have the recommended list, but what was the ONE (or 2) things you brought to the hospital with you that you were so glad you had?  Just want to make sure I'm not forgetting anything.

Re: Hospital Must Haves

• Options

Extra pillows and tell your dh to have some comfy shoes. I was not real sympathetic to my DH when he complained that his feet hurt b/c his shoes weren't comfortable.

?

• Options
    My pillow, socks, and a hairdryer.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Snacks (jello, gatorade, crackers). Especially since I delivered at 12:46 am and food was pretty hard to find.

Comfortable clothes and nursing tanks. I stayed in the hospital gowns for the first day, but I was so happy to slip into some sweat pants the second day.?

• Options

Oh blowdryer! 

What about music...did any of you really use your ipods?

• Options

I would have died without my boppy. But I also had an emergency c-section and was incredibly sick the next few days so I didn't have much strength to hold DD to breast feed her.?

Other than that just the basic toiletries. I completely forgot to bring shampoo and conditioner (altho they didn't let me out of bed for four days to shower anyway). ?If you're nursing - nursing gowns/shirts.?

• Options

music is good. I had my labtop all three deliveries and was on the bump for this past delivery! It kept me occupied for at least a few hours! Although it may be the LAST thing you wanna do haha

For you:

Bring LOTS of socks, pillows and extra pillowcases, snacks (your favorites bc you may not be hungry for hospital food), boppy (if you're nursing), toiletries (I couldn't live without my toothbrush and had to brush my teeth from my bed with a bottle of water!), slippers or comfy shoes for sure, nursing tanks and comfy bottoms (easy to slip on and off), CAMERA! duh hehe, cell phone charger (i forgot mine and it was hard making phone calls to family for this past delivery)

For baby:

Take home outfit, carrier (most if not all hospitals will even install it for you), pictures outfit (if your hospital takes pics, most do), any lovie you want your baby to have (good to have from day one!)

• Options

A bat to beat away all of the people (nurses/dr's/volunteers etc) who come in and bother you every 1-2 hours.

• Options
    Yes to the music. I didn't hear it very much while I was in labor (had put together this whole "relaxing" playlist and everything) but we listened to it the whole time we were in recovery. It really helped drown out all the noise from the nurses station right outside our door.
  • Options
    imagebnljane1988:

A bat to beat away all of the people (nurses/dr's/volunteers etc) who come in and bother you every 1-2 hours.

LOL.  I had GREAT nurses, but yes, they are constantly in your face.  I actually found the picture people the most annoying, she came by like 4 times in one hour and kept asing if I had had time to pick out my picture package ... lady, I have a hemi the size of Kansas on my anus, 2 lactation consultants telling me my nipples are inconpatable with breastfeeding, nurses handing me 3874029438752309485 forms to fill out, a whiney husband and, oh yeah, a brand new baby.  GET THE EFF OUT!

Anywho - your OWN pillow, your OWN (dark colored) towel, comfy clothes (after 3 days I was SO over hospital gowns), your phone charger, camera. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    The Mouse ~ 06.12.08 | The Froggy ~ 02.23.11

• Options
    imageMrsTotty:
    imagebnljane1988:

LOL.  I had GREAT nurses, but yes, they are constantly in your face.  I actually found the picture people the most annoying, she came by like 4 times in one hour and kept asing if I had had time to pick out my picture package ... lady, I have a hemi the size of Kansas on my anus, 2 lactation consultants telling me my nipples are inconpatable with breastfeeding, nurses handing me 3874029438752309485 forms to fill out, a whiney husband and, oh yeah, a brand new baby.  GET THE EFF OUT!

Anywho - your OWN pillow, your OWN (dark colored) towel, comfy clothes (after 3 days I was SO over hospital gowns), your phone charger, camera. 

LMAO.  my nurses and dr's were awesome.......but GET OUT!!!  Honestly, I pretty much just tried to sleep in between each visit, so I didn't need much.

def. camera and phone + charger

• Options
    I'm too lazy to read all the other responses...but did anyone say baby book?  There's a place in our son's baby book that mentions the visitors he had in the hospital but I didn't have his book with me :(  I was in such a state of shock after he was born that I can barely remember anyone who came to visit.
  • Options
    A friend told us to bring a box of pens. Apparently their nurses kept loosing pens. We brought them, but didn't have that problem, so we left them at the nurses' station when we left. They were very grateful.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Hair ties! I felt so icky if my hair was in my face.
  • Options
    Sleep nursing bras, my Aimee nursing gowns from https://nursinggowns.com/, Miracle Blanket (we started using it in the hospital), robe.
  • Options
    Baby book, your own pillow, boppy if you're breastfeeding, snacks, gatorade, computer, comfy clothes, slippers. We had the ipod and dock, but I didn't want to listen to anything or have the tv on while i was in labor (well, until I got the epi!). Oh, and my hospital mailed me several of the forms they needed at the hospital for birth certificate, etc. I had already filled them out but forgot them at home. If you can do that before hand it's much easier than doing it in the hospital.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    imagejfarmer27:

Oh blowdryer! 

What about music...did any of you really use your ipods?

Yes, we sure did, and the coolest thing about that was Tessie was born as our first dance song started playing.  DH said "Hey, baby, it's our song....OMG, SHE'S OUT!!  SHE'S OUT!!"  I couldn't stop laughing, it was so cute.

I loved having my own pillows with me, but a lot of stuff I brought I didn't even need.  DH ended up taking a lot home when he went to get clothes for himself.  Be sure to have someone take a little t-shirt or blanket that has the baby's scent on it so your poochilicious cute can get used to her smell.  :)  That really helped Honey a lot. 

• Options

I had these travel size Oil of Olay face wipes that were so awesome and refreshing when I felt icky and sticky.

Small point and shoot camera right by the bed for lots of pics

very light and breathable yoga pants

A pair of thick socks with the sticky stuff at the bottom so you don't slip.  They were like houseshoes but socks. 

DD#1 is such a big girl! Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    imagebnljane1988:

duuuude you're not lying.  At one point I had to call to the front and request that they stay out of my room for at least 2 hours so I could rest.  I was beyond tired and grumpy and annoyed.

With that let me add- a mask to cover your eyes if you CAN sleep.  I didn't use mine because I forgot to sleep but please please please sleept when you can. 

DD#1 is such a big girl! Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    imagebnljane1988:

good to know!

• Options
    imagesars1202:
    imagebnljane1988:

good to know!

I plan to just bring mace! :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"