Dallas-Fort Worth Babies
Options

DH let N CIO last night...

Noah was fussy and really needed to go to sleep, I bathed him, nursed him and tried to lay him down but he just wouldnt have it. So out of my own frustraion, I layed him in his pnp and told DH "I'm done, I'm getting a shower". DS was grunting and fussing when I got in the shower and I heard a few wails while I was in there but I was stressed after a long day and just needed a break. And just when I got out and was giong to get him he stopped. So I thought "good, DH got him"...nope! He CIO and feel asleep in 10-15mins. At 1st I was a little sore at DH cause he let my baby cry, but obviously it didnt hurt him.Smile

Re: DH let N CIO last night...

• Options

imageSarahb34743:
    Noah was fussy and really needed to go to sleep, I bathed him, nursed him and tried to lay him down but he just wouldnt have it. So out of my own frustraion, I layed him in his pnp and told DH "I'm done, I'm getting a shower". DS was grunting and fussing when I got in the shower and I heard a few wails while I was in there but I was stressed after a long day and just needed a break. And just when I got out and was giong to get him he stopped. So I thought "good, DH got him"...nope! He CIO and feel asleep in 10-15mins. At 1st I was a little sore at DH cause he let my baby cry, but obviously it didnt hurt him.Smile

How do you know? Sorry, 3 months is a little young to me. Sad

• Options
    I thought so too, which is why I didnt like the idea. But the fact that he fell asleep in such a short time made me think that, just this once, it wasnt that bad.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I don't like to get into the parenting choices on this board cause i love the ladies here and don't want drama :o)  I will say however that i am one of the few lucky ones who has never had to really let their LO CIO.  I personally see no problem with CIO and i chose to follow Babywise/Baby Whisperer, but like i said no real CIO was needed.  Ike cried once, he was either JUST 6 weeks old or not quite 6 weeks old, but somewhere around there anyway and he cried for 3 minutes.  It broke my heart and i cried in the kitchen right along with him holding tightly to the monitor, but i had reached my breaking point and couldn't handle 45 minute stretches of sleep anymore, so i let him cry.  He has NEVER cried going to sleep since then.  Anyway that's my 2 cents :o)
  • Options

Well said ibflorida ^_^

I'm of the mind set that I follow his cues. I dont try to make a schedule and I dont try to force anything that isnt what naturally comes to him.

But I work mon-fri 8am-5pm, than come home to cook, clean, nurse and spend time with the family. Every other night I bathe Noah. All this between the hours of 530 and 9pm. THAN if I'm lucky enough I can have 30mins to myself before my eye lids slam shut and I'm out until 2-3am when Noah wakes to nurse. THAN on the weekends, DH works Sat morning, church that evening and DH works Sunday morning, on occasion he works until 9pm Sunday. So I really dont get breaks. And I've been so tired recently that I just *had* to take a shower and a break...if DS cried for 10-15mins while I was in the shower cause DH thought he'd be ok...than I'm pretty sure DS will not have long term side effects. But I dont plan on letting him cry again. If he's crying he needs something and I'm going to attempt to give it to him. ^_^

• Options

imageibfloridagirl:
    I don't like to get into the parenting choices on this board cause i love the ladies here and don't want drama :o

Ditto this.

But I think I would have killed DH if he had let A cry for 10-15 minutes at that age. He would have slept elsewhere, that is for sure.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageJessibell:

imageibfloridagirl:
    I don't like to get into the parenting choices on this board cause i love the ladies here and don't want drama :o

Ditto this.

But I think I would have killed DH if he had let A cry for 10-15 minutes at that age. He would have slept elsewhere, that is for sure.

i agree :o)  There is a huge difference (to me anyway) between 3 minutes and 15 minutes.  DH was on my case constantly about "spoiling" ike because i would not let him cry, it broke my heart.  That's why the one time i did allow it, it sticks with me like crazy.  I hated every second of it.

• Options
    imageibfloridagirl:
    imageJessibell:

imageibfloridagirl:

Ditto this.

i agree :o)  There is a huge difference (to me anyway) between 3 minutes and 15 minutes.  DH was on my case constantly about "spoiling" ike because i would not let him cry, it broke my heart.  That's why the one time i did allow it, it sticks with me like crazy.  I hated every second of it.

DH says this to me sometimes too. I tell him you cant spoil a 3 month old. And I told DH a few times that he cant just let Noah cry, he's too young to self comfort. And I've also tried to tell him that if Noah cries and he's "busy" doing something else to try to comfort him but if he cries more than 3-5mins than he needs picked up. DH doesnt listen very well.

• Options

DH says this to me sometimes too. I tell him you cant spoil a 3 month old. And I told DH a few times that he cant just let Noah cry, he's too young to self comfort. And I've also tried to tell him that if Noah cries and he's "busy" doing something else to try to comfort him but if he cries more than 3-5mins than he needs picked up. DH doesnt listen very well.

my DH didn't get it either.  Heck he still doesn't get it, lol

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"