Dallas-Fort Worth Babies
Options

Allergy testing

Has anyone taken their LO for allergy testing? I hear it is quite painful and just want to be prepared tomorrow.
Sophia Kate 3.31.08 BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Allergy testing

• Options
    I'm surprised they are doing it on her!  They won't test Aiden till he is 3 since results before then are said to not be accurate.  My 3 yr old niece just got hers done last week and the only painful ones for her were the dog and cat ones, and those were the ones she was most allergic to. Good luck!
  • Options
    Hmm I have not heard that and Sophia has to get some kind of relief. She has a constant runny nose which keeps turning into croup and extremely bad eczema, I just want my baby to be better. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Can you email me your allergist information?  I have called two and they won't test Aiden cause he is too young, but he is always on new allergy medication, and I would love to find someone to test him!
  • Options

Ugh, my heart goes out to you and Sophia. Colton had an allergy test for milk and soy which is not accurate till he is older. They did it when he was 6 months and it was not accurate. LOL. We found that out the hard way. All they did was draw blood for that. I have no idea what they will do for you LO. I hope she gets some relief soon! I know what's it like and I feel for y'all.

• Options

imagesethsgal:
    Can you email me your allergist information?  I have called two and they won't test Aiden cause he is too young, but he is always on new allergy medication, and I would love to find someone to test him!

Sure thing! 

• Options

My high school internship was at an allergist's office. I don't know how they do allergy tests on little LOs, but the ones I saw felt like rolling onto a hair brush. The uncomfortable part is in the waiting if she is allergic to something b/c it feels like mosquito bites and she can't scratch them. All this is if the tests are the same. It's been 10 years since I've seen one.

Did they already tell you to bring stuff to keep her occupied for a while? ?

• Options
    I am so sorry your LO is having such a hard time!!  My oldest son had a blood allergy test when he was 15 months.  I was informed that it would not be 100% accurate...that if something came back that chances are he would out grow the allergy by the time he was 3.  Majority of Doctors will not perform the traditional allergy testing (with the scratches on the back or pin pricks) until the age of 3, that's why my son only had the blood test.  Between birth and age 3 so many things can change for your little one.  My son has the worst allergies which causes him very painful ear infections.  He has had 3 sets of tubes, his last being back in November.  He is on a daily allergy medication, which we have to switch every year or so as it stops working around that time.  August is coming and I am fearing the worst again.  He's 4 years old and I've been told he should have out grown a lot of the allergies by now...only time will tell.  If he starts to have flare ups and ear infections again then he'll have to have another set of tubes (making for his 6th surgery at that time) plus extensive allergy testing.  - GL with your daughter and her allergies!!  I hope you find some answers.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Thanks ladies, hopefully we get some answers and everything goes smooth. Avery good call on bringing toys to distract her, will definitely do that!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"