TTC After a Loss
Options

Poll: Push Gift

What will yours be? Or did you already get one?
Oct 2008 m/c #1 5 weeks, May 2009 m/c #2 4w5d. BFP 6/23/09 EDD 3/8/10!
You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you stop to look fear in the face. -Eleanor Roosevelt
After 1 year of TTC#2 BFP May 2011 m/c #3 4w2d. Off to RE.

Round 1: Femara + Ovidrel +TI = BFP! EDD 2/20/12
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
2IF does not always equal 3IF...Surprise!
Lilypie Maternity tickers

Re: Poll: Push Gift

• Options

Big SmileOne item from Tiffany per munchkin.. hence why I like multiples.

I am hoping for pearls... the long silver beaded necklace.. and diamond earrings.  I got a Coach purse with each M/C cause he feels bad for me and there is an outlet near our house.

This is why DH cringes when I speak of multiples.

I refer you to my engagement ring below... we have a sordid jewelry history and I always win... even at the cost of being considered a jerk.

Diamonds... and pretty things in turquoise boxes... are a girl's best friend after her dog.....

(gosh, I'm a jerk.... don't worry.. i"ll buy him some giftcards to the movies or something...) 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I am embarassed what is a push gift?!?!? Embarrassed
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Diamonds and turquoise boxes are totally a girl's best friend! I blame DH for my love of both. He picked out my engagement ring because he saw one at Tiffany that was just like it. He got the one from Christopher Designs instead because it was half the price and the quality of the diamond was 100xs better.

My push gift for 1 is another band to wear on top of my engagement ring. I like balance and symmetry Smile. If there is more than one at a time, a new car will be needed as we will not have enough room for 2 car seats in my little Civic.

You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you stop to look fear in the face. -Eleanor Roosevelt

• Options
    imagePeetiePie:
      This is what we call the gift you get for the pushing you do to bring the baby into the world... kind of a reward from the DH (I hope this is what Jen is referring to or I look like even more of a spoiled witch)... for example, my sister got diamond earrings from her DH when her first was born... flowers with her second and jack-s*it for the third... thus resulting in the biggest fight known to man and a baby bottle thrown at his head.....
  • Options
    imagejen-dale:

Diamonds and turquoise boxes are totally a girl's best friend! I blame DH for my love of both. He picked out my engagement ring because he saw one at Tiffany that was just like it. He got the one from Christopher Designs instead because it was half the price and the quality of the diamond was 100xs better.

My push gift for 1 is another band to wear on top of my engagement ring. I like balance and symmetry Smile. If there is more than one at a time, a new car will be needed as we will not have enough room for 2 car seats in my little Civic.

we'll both need new cars.  We did the same thing for my ring... I loved it at Tiffany... but it is a Natalie K.... I got a MUCH better diamond.. and I heart it:)
  • Options

imageabartane:
    imagePeetiePie:
      This is what we call the gift you get for the pushing you do to bring the baby into the world... kind of a reward from the DH (I hope this is what Jen is referring to or I look like even more of a spoiled witch)... for example, my sister got diamond earrings from her DH when her first was born... flowers with her second and jack-s*it for the third... thus resulting in the biggest fight known to man and a baby bottle thrown at his head.....

Well, in that case I better fill DH in.  I could use a serious upgrade in my diamond earrings.  They are like 1/8 carat and I'm thinking I deserve at least 1/2 in each lobe!  I already have pearl earrings and a necklace from the wedding.  It's been a long time since DH has purchased any jewelry.  Now that I think about it he said he wouldn't buy any until he has a boat.  We got the boat 2 months ago.  Angel

• Options

to be honest, i doubt i'll get anything... lol... DH isn't very good about knowing to do these sorts of things... i'll be lucky if i get flowers... i can count on one hand how many times i've gotten these in 5 1/2 years! haha..

if i had my choice and money was not an issue? a car... preferably a reliable one with leather tan seats and REALLY good AC... and  a carseat already buckled in place :) and i don't want it new... i want it 2 years old haha... if i knew DH spent the money to purchase it new, i'd kill him!

• Options

I'd just take the baby as my push-gift! lol

A nice pearl necklace would be cool though since I have the one my grandpa gave my grandma when my dad was born

• Options
    JenyMJenyM member
    helz yes! either another band or a tennis bracelet.
    BFP#1 missed m/c-d&c 10/27/08, BFP#2 BO-natural m/c 5/15/09, BFP#3 8/12/09-DS born 4/2010, BFP#4=TWINS-missed m/c&d/c 6/15/11, BFP#4 11/22/11- please stay with me
  • Options
    I think i'll wait to inform DH about the Push gift until AFTER i get my BFP haha..
  • Options
    JenyMJenyM member

OMG forgot to tell you. When I told DH about a push gift a couple of months ago. He's like why do you need a gift. I said because if I'm going to blow up my vag thats why! He said, "Well, I have to look at your blown up vag for the rest of my life. Shouldn't I get a gift?" Stick out tongue

nice

BFP#1 missed m/c-d&c 10/27/08, BFP#2 BO-natural m/c 5/15/09, BFP#3 8/12/09-DS born 4/2010, BFP#4=TWINS-missed m/c&d/c 6/15/11, BFP#4 11/22/11- please stay with me
  • Options
    imageJenyM:

OMG forgot to tell you. When I told DH about a push gift a couple of months ago. He's like why do you need a gift. I said because if I'm going to blow up my vag thats why! He said, "Well, I have to look at your blown up vag for the rest of my life. Shouldn't I get a gift?" Stick out tongue

nice

ROFL. I just spit my water all over the place. thanks. Surprise

• Options
    imageJenyM:

nice

Thanks, laughed so hard It hurt my stitches :O)
    My Dh would say something like that too
    ?
    I did not get a push gift DS was born in October & A month later I got royally spoiled for my birthday because DH was so grateful for his son.
    A beautiful diamond heart necklace from Tiffany & Co?
    Summer 2011
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers ~early M/C 4/09 ~ Ectopic 6/09~ BFP 11/09~
  • Options
    I just told DH he had to give me a push gift and he said what the he*l is that, so I told him. He said I will have given you the gift of life, that is good enough. Oh DH.
  • Options
    imageJenyM:

nice

DH agrees with your DH.

• Options
    I brought this up to DH before and he wasn't too receptive.  He better change his attitude!  I think I would want a new car or diamond earrings, or a piece of jewelry with the baby's birthstone, although a car is more practical. 
  • Options
    Smile  DH was clueless about the whole push gift thing before DS, so I tactically left a pregnancy mag with an article about it on our vanity by the toilet.  Right before the due date, DH shows up all proud of himself with a Zune loaded with some great music as a push gift.  He was planning to give it to me after the baby was born, then decided I might want some music at the hospital. 
  • Options

I don't think my DH knows anything about push gifts, but I better school him now lol.  I would like a diamond tennis bracelet or maybe a necklace of some sort.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker First missed m/c = 1/30/08 Second missed m/c = 4/22/09 CJ born = 4/29/10 Courtney born = 7/22/11
  • Options

imagenemattox:
    Smile  DH was clueless about the whole push gift thing before DS, so I tactically left a pregnancy mag with an article about it on our vanity by the toilet.  Right before the due date, DH shows up all proud of himself with a Zune loaded with some great music as a push gift.  He was planning to give it to me after the baby was born, then decided I might want some music at the hospital. 

what a good DH you have Stick out tongue

• Options
    imagejen-dale:

what a good DH you have Stick out tongue

'Tis true, he's a keeper.  Big Smile

• Options
    stacking celebration rings (a la Tiffany) . . I got the first for my birthday in May ( the big 3-5, and to memorialize our losses this year). Then with any bambino, I'll get another - mabye with other stones - this one was diamonds (I know, AW) -- so I think other colors would be nice!
    m/c#1 07/16/08 (11 weeks), m/c#2 10/10/08 (8 weeks). and then nothing since except every test possible (no answers). IUI#1 and #2: BFNs Super lucky to be buddies with Peetie. Our out of nowhere, surprise DD born 5/29/2011
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"